Ch. 1 - Heads or Tails? ||

Heads or tails

with a flip of a coin

your entire fate can change in an instant

---------------------------------------------------------

Light snow covered the ground as the belly of the full moon lit up the streets of Detroit

Light snow covered the ground as the belly of the full moon lit up the streets of Detroit. Humans walked down the street, bundled up, noses red and dripping snot as their androids followed closely behind them. A few homeless men and women littered the streets here and there, holding out their hands with cups in them, shuddering against the brisk cold. In alleys there were anti-android rhetoric scribbled on the walls with some poor android burned alive, its metal body forcibly pushed between a dirty dumpster.

It was just another day in Detroit.

Sitting inside of an automatic car was Connor. The light sounds of jazz filled his car as he mused to himself, flipping and running his signature coin between his lithe fingers with precision, not once dropping the coin to the car floor. He was heading toward's Jimmy's Bar to look for Lieutenant Anderson and to formally introduce himself to him. Connor had recently been activated by Cyberlife to go meet and also be paired with Lieutenant Anderson in regards to the recent up rise of Deviant androids. His mission was to simply find the cause of deviancy and to find out why these androids were rebelling and no longer taking orders from their humans.

Connor was an android himself and he was programmed to hunt down Deviants and to also appeal to humans in a way that wouldn't hinder him in his mission. He knew had to get close to Lieutenant Anderson, that was also a part of his mission along with integrating himself into the police precinct. Cyberlife made sure to program him in a way that he would be seen as pretty much human, but would still have obvious android qualities. He wasn't extremely obedient to other humans but he was obedient to his mission and to Cyberlife. And anything or anyone that aided him in his mission he was allowed to use by any means necessary.

His car had suddenly come to a stop right when he tossed his coin into his right hand. Connor broke himself out of his musings, slipping the coin into his pocket as he exited out of his vehicle. Connor then walked to the door of Jimmy's Bar, pausing when he noticed a sign on the door that read: No Androids Allowed!

Connor stared at the door for a moment, his light brown eyes blinking as he took in the sign. For a moment he wondered if he should even go in, but he knew that he had to complete his mission and a something as simple as anti-android humans weren't going to stop him.

Connor pushed open the door, walking inside. The place was low-lit filled with different types of people. The smell of alcohol clung to the air and the sounds of rock music filled the air. Connor looked around the bar as a few patrons stared at him in shock. Connor didn't pay them any mind as turned on his scanner and began to walk through the bar aisle.