Ch. 14 - Taraxacum ||

Like dandelions;

You must allow yourself to grow

In all the places

People thought you never would

---E.V.

---------------------------------------------------------

Thursday had come pretty fast. Lee was still surprised that she had a date with Officer Adams of all people. She felt a spurt of nervousness go through her as she stared at herself in the mirror. Last person she seriously dated was Gavin and that was a fucking train wreck that left her hating herself from the inside and out. She's been asked out on dates but she always declined them, Chris was the first guy shes actually agreed to go out with although, she only agreed because she was pissed at Connor.

And since she already said yes, she had no choice but to go. She didn't want to back out on the date, it wouldn't be right. Lee heaved a deep sigh, leaning into the mirror to make sure nothing was out of place with her. She wore a tight bandage-like two-piece outfit thst consisted of a strapless cropped top and a tight grey skirt, with black heels and she had her signature heavy denim jacket on her to shield her from the coldness. It was the middle of November and the hints of winter were pushing through. She wore some hoop earrings, smokey makeup and had her black hair pulled into a high ponytail.

'You look sexy and this date should go by just fine

'You look sexy and this date should go by just fine. Plus Chris is a human like you and plus he's hot. So there's no need to feel anxious' she said to herself, giving her reflection a nervous and reassuring smile.

Suddenly there was a knock at the front door and Lee jumped a little at the sound. Her heart thrummed beneath her chest and she felt her anxiety hike up immediately. She looked at her reflection again, trying to breath to calm herself. "Relax Lee, it's just a date," she said to herself. She then pointed to her reflection. "The only person who can fuck this up is you. So, nut up and remember you are that bitch." Another loud knock was heard and Lee felt her phone vibrating in her purse she had slung over her shoulder. Lee dug into her purse and she grabbed her phone, looking at the text. One text was from Chris and the other was from Hank.

//I'm outside ya' place.// It was from Chris, Lee smiled at the message and her thumbs quickly made quick work of her cell screen as she messaged Chris back.

\\I'm comin', I hope you got something more than coffee to impress me ;)\\

//Ye of such little faith, what type of date would I be without bringing you something? You'll see when you answer the door.// Lee grinned and then exited out of the text, tapping her thumb to look at Hank's message.