Ch. 7 - Cry ||

"When someone is crying, of course, the noble thing to do is to comfort them

But if someone is trying to hide their tears, 

it may also be noble to pretend you do not notice them."   

-- Lemony Snicket

---------------------------------------------------------

Connor slowly opens his eyes as a light breeze brushes over him, tousling his hair slightly. He blinks, as if he's suddenly awakened. He looks around, trying to take in and register his surroundings. He's in a zen garden of some sorts with cherry blossoms and vegetation decorating the area, with high arching columns, statues and a small river. He looks forward, noticing a figure in white in the distance across the bridge that arched over the water. Head tilted to the side, Connor slowly walks forward.

Once he reaches the figure, he notices it's a woman. Her back is turned away from him as she seems focused on cutting some red roses. She's cloaked in all white with a blue cloth going over her shoulder. "Hello Connor," she says softly, snipping a rose, turning towards him.He notices she's a dark skinned older woman with braided up hair and dark empty eyes. "It's good to see you." Her voice is comforting and almost maternal-like. It sends an ease of comfort through Connor.

**AMANDA - TRUSTED**

She holds a rose in her hand as she looks at him. Connor can't help but look at her with his brown eyes, giving her a soft smile in return. "Congratulations, Connor..." she says, turning to go back to cutting the weeds off of the roses. "Finding that deviant that killed Ortiz was far from easy and the way you interrogated it..." she trailed off, taking a small whiff of the rose, a soft smile on her lips. "It was very clever, you've been remarkably efficient Connor."

**AMANDA:  ^^^ - TRUSTED**

A smile tugs at the corners of his lips as he feels a sense of pride in himself at having impressed Amanda. "Thank you, Amanda."

Amanda sets down the rose she had cut into a white vase on a white podium next to her. "We've asked the DPD to transfer it to us for further study. It may teach us something about what happened." She then moved over to cut another rose only to pause, cutting her eyes to Connor. "It seemed you had some...problems with the interrogation. Sergeant Hart had been injured trying to save you."

Connor felt himself being recalled to that event. He didn't feel fear at dying or being injured by the deviant. He knew that CyberLife would simply upload his memory to another Connor RK800 android. However, that never seemed to happen. Sergeant Hart had taken the bullet for him, even though she wasn't critically injured. Connor nodded his head to Amanda.

"She was, I'm assuming she tried to save me, thinking I would be hurt," Connor replied stiffly, placing his hands behind his back.

"Mm, she is quite interesting for a human. Sergeant Hart seems to have a soft spot for androids," Amanda mused, cutting another flower and adding it to the vase. "Both Lieutenant Anderson and Sergeant Hart have been officially assigned to the deviancy case...what do you make of them?"