Ch. 6 - Heads ||

Lee had entered the cubicle space again, coffee in hand. Hank look disgruntled as usual, glaring at Connor across from him as he angrily bit down on a donut. Connor didn't seem bothered by Hank's glaring, he seemed more focused on going over the case files as she walked up on the both of them. She stood next to Hank, opening up the donut box, only for him to smack her hand away, causing her to silently curse and snatch her hand back. Lee rubbed her hand and glared at Hank, a pout forming on her lips. "Get your own donuts Lee."

"You're so selfish," she stated with a pout, pulling up a chair to sit in-between Hank and Connor. She had her own desk but since she was working with the both of them on these deviant cases, she might as well sit with them. "Yeah, yeah, keep whining." Hank said with a heavy sigh.

Hank then motioned for Lee to come over to him and she slid her chair back so she could be next to him. Connor's eyes looked up at them both for a second before looking back at the computer. Hank then whispered to her, "I hate this thing, it's freaking me out..."

"He's not a thing Hank and what did he do this time?" Lee asked back in a hushed whisper.

"I think he's trying to get on my good side. He was asking about Sumo and he told me he tried to talk to me about the game, weird right?"

Lee looked at Connor and felt a slight pang in the pit of her stomach as she recalled the coldness he gave her not to long ago. She then looked back at Hank, chuckling lightly to herself. "So, maybe he wants to get along with you? That isn't a bad thing Hank. If he is going to be working with the both of us, its better if we all work together well right?" Hank's face twisted up as he leaned back in his chair. "I guess you're right, I still don't trust it."

"Well try not to kill him while we're on duty together," she said with a sigh. She then rolled back over to where Connor was. He looked to be completely immersed in the terminal computer, his LED flashing as if he seemed to be in deep thought. Lee noticed that the skin of his hand was gone, revealing shiny white robotic hands underneath. She then scrunched up her nose and moved her hand to touch it. It seemed to have snapped Connor out of his thoughts as he snatched his hand away from Lee, giving her a blank stare.

"Sorry...uh so what did you find?" She asked awkwardly, trying to push her own personal thoughts to the side.

"243 files...The first dates back nine months. Deviancy all started in Detroit...and quickly spread across the country," he said as he stared at the terminal, his face scrunched up slightly. He then looked to Hank and Lee. "An AX400 is reported to have assaulted a man last night. That could be a good starting point for our investigation."

Lee nodded her head. "Sounds like something."

She then looked to Hank, rolling her eyes as he turned away from Connor, leaning his face on his fist as he ignored him. God, why does he have to act like such a child? Lee thought in exasperation. She looked towards Fowler in his office, low-key wondering if she could ask him to be reassigned to work a different case. Hank's anti-android animosity was going to be a hindrance when working with Connor.

Lee then watched Connor stand up and go over to Hank who looked annoyed. "Ugh, oh Jesus..." Hank muttered, disgruntled, he then turned his chair away from Connor to look at his touch screen.

Lee could see the tension coiling up in Hank and watched with wary eyes as Connor stood over Hank. "I understand you're facing personal issues, Lieutenant," Connor started out, his voice seeming to be empathetic. "But you need to move past them and---"

Hank swiveled around, his eyes lighting up. Oh great, here we go again...Lee thought, propping her face up with her hand as she leaned on the desk. "Hey! Don't talk to me like you know me. I'm not your friend and I don't need your advice, okay?" Hank spat out before going back to look at his touch screen.