Ch. 4 - The Interrogation ||

Anything that you cannot sacrifice pins you.

Makes you predictable, makes you weak.---

Mark Lawrence

---------------------------------------------------------

Connor and Lee entered the precinct, Lee holding her coffee along with another cup in her hand, both of them walking back to the cubicles together as Lee droned on and on about nonsensical things while Connor only nodded his head, listening to her only slightly. His eyes scanned the cubicle area, looking for Hank spotting the older detective sitting at his desk, toying around with a baseball in his hand as he looked to be going over a case file. When Hank spotted them, he snorted as he stared at them both. "Where the fuck have you been?" he asked gruffly, referring to Lee. He then glared at Connor. "And why the fuck is that piece of plastic with you."

Lee grinned as Hank grumbled and made a fuss like the old man he was. She then held out a cup of coffee to Hank. "Sounds like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed," she stated, humor laced in her voice. "I always wake up wrong either way." Hank spat out, still glaring daggers at Connor who only watched the exchange between the two of them with interest. God, this thing skeeves me the fuck out...Hank thought with a scowl.

"And I got your favorite, hazelnut latte extra foamy wiiiiith---" Lee dug into her coat, pulling out a silver flask. She then opened up Hank's coffee cup and poured the liquid into it. "A dash of rum."

Hank's frown instantly turned upside down and he beamed as Lee put the top back on his coffee cup, concealing the rum back into her pocket. "You know me so well," Hank mused as he happily took a sip of his coffee. Lee smiled and shrugged her shoulder's. "I think I've known you for too long Hank." Connor's brows quirked up when he heard this. He never really got the chance to ask Lee about her relationship with Hank due to the fact of losing the bet with her. "You were grouchy old man then and you're still a grouchy old man now."

"And you're still a smart ass brat," Hank bit back.

"Old man."

"Brat."

"At least I don't smell like mothballs."

"At least my hair is all mine," Hank stated, a grin on his face.

Lee's jaw dropped and she then grinned back at Hank. " I'll have you know Hank as a black woman, I'm not ashamed of having fake hair," Lee replied, raking her fingers through her hair. "And since I bought it that means this is all of my hair."

Connor seemed to analyze Hank before he chimed in, "Human men who are in their fifties like you Lt. Anderson, their hair starts to recede and fall out due to age. I think purchasing your hair is good investment. I can recommend a few good wig stores in the area if you'd like?"

Hank and Lee looked at Connor in shock. Surprised by what he said. Lee covered her mouth with her hands, trying to contain her laughter but to no avail. Connor looked at Lee confused, wondering why she found his statement hilarious. He then looked back at Hank who glowered at Connor. "Ha! He got you there Hank," Lee said with a snicker.

Hank instinctively reached up to touch his hair only to glare at Connor who looked at him with confusion. "Listen here you piece of shit plas--"

"Lee, Hank!" Captain Fowler suddenly called out to them. Lee, Hank and Connor stared at him as he leaned on the railing. "In my office!"

Hank narrowed his eyes at Connor, taking a swig of his coffee before setting it down on his desk. "We'll finish this later," he grumbled out before walking towards the Fowler's office. Connor looked back at Lee, his head tilted. "I don't understand, did I say something to offend Lt. Anderson?" he asked innocently.