Ch. 16 - Want and Turmoil ||

A/N: TRIGGER WARNING- Mentions of sexual assault of a child and also mild graphic depictions of said assault. I would just skip this chapter if you are sensitive to these things. Because this isn't a light-hearted chapter ♡♡♡ and if you do want to read it, then I would recommend skipping over the 'Hank' and 'Lee' part because that's where it's the most graphic.

Other than that, enjoy! (And dont forget ro show your appreciation by voting, I got like 69 votes but 789 reads lmao. I just wrote like 8k words lmao, im feeling a lil' underappreciated 💀💀💀 damn lmao)

-------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes we want what we want

even if we know it's going to kill us."

----Donna Tartt, The Goldfinch

---------------------------------------------------------------------

November 28th, 2038

3:15 PM

Lee slept soundly, her body draped over the couch as she slept soundly. Her ponytail, having come undone in the middle of the night now created a slight curtain of black tresses over her. The sun slowly peeked through the curtains of Hank's home and Lee's face twisted up as she felt the sun hit her eyes. She instinctively reached a hand up to block the sun with a low groan of annoyance, her eyes slowly opening. Her vision was blurred for a moment and she blinked her eyes a few times to get rid of it. She then slowly pulled herself up and used her hand to wipe away the sleep from her eyes as she looked around her setting. Her eyebrow quirked up as she noticed she had fallen asleep at Hanks. Her brow furrowed as she tried to remember what happened. She and Hank stuffed themselves on Thanksgiving food while Hank had drunk himself into a mild food and liquor coma. She remembered her and Connor taking him to his room and then she invited Connor to watch a movie with her on the couch before she had....fallen asleep on him.

Lee felt her face heat up and she scrambled up up from the couch, looking around for the android, only to notice that he wasn't there in the room. For some reason, a hint of disappointment went through her and she shook it off as she stretched, popping out the kinks in her body from sleeping on Hank's couch. His couch wasn't the most comfiest to sleep on and it left her with a terrible back ache. She then rubbed her face and heard a loud vibration coming from the kitchen. She then sighed, walking over to the kitchen to where the vibration was coming from. She noticed her cell phone on the table and her eyes widened when she saw who was calling her, Captain Fowler. Lee immediately scrambled for her phone, turning it on, pressing her phone to her ear. "Yes Captain?"

"I've been trying to reach you and Hank for over an hour now!"

Lee pulled herself away from the phone, Fowler's loud yelling hurting her ear. Her face scrunched up and she immediately put the phone on speaker. She then rubbed her temples as she leaned against the table. "You know its the day after Thanksgiving right?" Lee asked with deep sigh. "And it's still our vaca--"

"I know that you two are still on your damn vacation but at the end of the day you two are cops. And you and Hank are the only ones in this goddamn precinct who are working this deviant case."

"But--"

"But nothing, either you get Hank and go to the crime scene or consider both of your asses on desk duty for the remainder of the case" he replied back. Lee scowled, her brows furrowing. "Then who the hell would work with Conn--...RK800?" Lee retorted with a roll of her eyes.