Ch. 15 - Thankful ||

A/N: Honestly I'm unsure what the date is in this story lmaooo. It is still November, edging towards Thanksgiving but im thinking of having the revolution happening later on, closer towards the end of December or the beginning of January im undecided lmao. So, just roll with me on this lmao. I also wanted to make more filler chapters. I do also wanna follow the games story but this fic loosely follows the games timeline. Im just winging it now lmaooo. So hopefully y'all dont mind. Anyways enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------

  "Be thankful for everything that happens in your life;

 it's all an experience."   

---- Henry W. Beecher

-------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry."

Lee blinked and looked at Connor in confusion. The two were currently in the break room while Lee waited for the coffee to brew. It was Friday and Lee still felt a little tired from her date with Chris. Luckily, he was off today and she wouldn't have to run into him anytime soon. However, she felt she was already getting odd stares from her peers around the precinct. Apparently, Chris had loose lips too when angry. He probably ran his mouth off to a few people in the precinct and now she seemed to be the talk of the hour.

Lee felt overwhelmed by the whispering and stares of her fellow officers and retreated into the break room to give herself some space. She was waiting for Hank to come to the precinct so they can interrogate the deviant tagger in holding. However, knowing Hank he probably would be dragging himself into the precinct in the afternoon. Connor had come to the precinct about an hour after she clocked in.

"Sorry for what?" Lee asked, cutting her eyes to him, feeling her own skin grow hot from their close proximity.

Connor was only a few feet away from Lee and being so close to her, made her heart feel like it was going to jump out of her chest. Lee was immediately brought back to last night when he had given her the dandelion and had comforted her. When she had gotten home that night she immediately tossed out the roses Chris gave her and put Connor's dandelion into her journal, pressing it into the book. The entire gesture was sweet and left butterflies in her stomach. She still had butterflies in her stomach. Despite the bitterness of her date with Chris, Connor had made it seem like a bad distant memory in an instant when he hugged her. And the way he had looked at her it was almost as if he wanted to--

"Lee?"

Lee jumped a little and looked at Connor, blinking when she saw him looking at her in confusion. "Yeah?"

"I had just explained to you what I was apologizing for. Did you not hear me?"

Lee blushed once more and inwardly cursed herself for not paying attention. She then let out a small awkward laugh, shaking her head. "No, I didn't. I'm sorry, my mind was elsewhere."

"I understand and well...I was apologizing for leaving you on hanging on the ledge of that building," Connor said, a frown on his lips. Lee felt herself being dragged back to that day and she turned to face the counter, setting a hand on it as she let out a breath. "Oh that." Connor looked at her face, his eyes searching her before he moved to place his hand on top of hers. Lee froze and looked at him, her eyes wide. "I acted with just my mission on mind, however, I didn't consider the fact that you could be hurt or possibly die because of my actions. It was wrong and I know I hurt you, for that I sincerely apologize," Connor said, his voice soft and Lee felt as if his eyes were boring into her.