Ch. 12 - Wrong Choice ||

We've all got both light and dark inside us.

What matters is the part we choose to act on.

That's who we really are."

----J.K. Rowling

---------------------------------------------------------

Lee, Connor and Hank rode up the dingy and old elevator to where the suspected deviant was located. Hank stood in the middle between Lee and Connor. Lee didn't say a word as she kept her arms crossed, looking away from Hank who only rolled his eyes at her behavior. He then looked at Connor who seemed to be oddly quiet, his eyes closed as his LED flashed from blue to yellow. It made him wonder what he was thinking about.

Suddenly, the elevator came to a stop and Lee and Hank exited. Lee then turned around, noticing Connor was still standing there with his eyes closed. Hank and Lee looked at one another in confusion. "What the hell is wrong with him?" Hank asked. Lee only shrugged. "Fuck if I should know," she replied. She then walked over to Connor, waving her hand in front of his face, his eyes were still clossed. Lee looked at him confused and then back to Hank who repeated her actions, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't know what's wrong with it, why don't you give him a kiss and wake him from his slumber Princess Lee?" Hank asked teasingly.

"Oh fuck off Hank," Lee retorted, rolling her eyes at him.She then waved her hands infront of Connor's face again. "Hey Connor!" Connor suddenly opened his eyes and grabbed Lee's hand, making her jump slightly. "Shit!"

Connor blinked and then let go of Lee's hand as she blushed slightly."Dude, you almost gave me a heart attack....again."

"I apologize Lee, that wasn't my intention."

"You ran outta batteries or what?" Hank asked.

"I'm sorry, I was making a report to CyberLife," Connor said as Lee backed away from him. Lee and Hank exchanged a look. Lee then returned to Hank's side and she looked at Connor as he still seemed to stand in the elevator. "Well, do you plan on staying in the elevator?" Hank asked. "No," Connor replied,his voice sounding almost offended by Hank's question. "I'm coming." Lee smiled a bit, shaking her head at the two of them. As she and Hank began to walk down the hall.

"Well, what do we know about this guy?" Hank asked.

"Not much," Connor replied, following behind them. "Just that a neighbor reported that he heard strange noises coming from this floor. Nobody's supposed to be living here, but the neighbor said he saw a man hiding a LED under his cap." Connor then paused, squatting down as he noticed some feathers on the ground.

"Oh Christ, if we have to investigate every time someone hears a strange noise, we're gonna need more cops."

"Well it's always good to investigate," Lee said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"And were you really makin' a report back there in the elevator?" Hank asked. "Just by closing your eyes?"

"Correct."

"Fuck, I wish I could do that," Lee said with a grin. Hank nodded in agreement. "Same here," he said with a wry grin. Connor then knocks on the door as Lee stands to the side of him and Hank leans against the wall with his arms crossed. Connor looks to both Hank and Lee who shrug their shoulders. "Try to knock louder," Lee suggested with a smile. Connor nodded, knocking loudly. "Anybody home?!" he asked loudly. There was suddenly a shift of movement inside and Lee and Hank exchanged looks. "Open up! Detroit Police!"