Ch. 18 - Eden Club ||

A/N: I created the little picture above that I'm super proud of lmao. Felt like it was perfect for this chapter! Anyways, enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------

"Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby- awkwardly,

and often with a great deal of mess."

---Lemony Snicket

---------------------------------------------

"Jesus, again, you couldn't just call me?" Lee asked as she looked at her broken window.

Connor tilted his head at her and then shook his head. "I apologize Lee, I didn't really...consider that," he stated, watching as she Lee squatted down to pick up the broken pieces of glass. "Well, I use a ringtone that's loud enough to wake me up," she said with a huff, shaking her head at him. "I didn't hear your knocks, but I would have heard a phone call." Lee picked a piece of glass and cursed loudly. "Shit!" Connor snapped his head to her, his LED flashing red for a moment before turning yellow as he watched her stand, holding her hand. "Cut my fuckin' finger." Instinctively at the sight of blood dripping from her finger Connor grasped her hand and Lee flinched from his hold. Connor saw the fear on her face again and frowned a little.

"W-Wh-What are you doing?" Lee asked with wide eyes, feeling heat rise to her face.

Connor then leaned forward, his tongue darting out to lap at a droplet of blood. Lee watched him with heated eyes, swallowing thickly as his pink tongue dragged slowly up her finger. He then let go of her finger slowly and she looked at him with wide eyes. "Ahh..." Lee opened her mouth to say something only to shut it close, kind of at a loss for words. His gaze seemed oddly intense at the moment and Lee found herself looking away from his eyes. She then awkwardly coughed and stepped back away from him. "T-Thanks?..." Connor nodded his head at her. "You're welcome." Did he really not understand what he had done?

"I also recommend cutting back on the caffeine Lee," Connor commented. Lee turned to look at him, her eyebrow quirking up. "What?"

"Caffeine. When I ingested your blood I was able to get a reading off of it. I noticed that your caffeine levels are higher than it should be."

Lee snorted at him and shook her head. "Alright, thanks Doctor Connor," she replied playfully, going into the kitchen to grab her broom and dustpan before coming back into the living room, sweeping up the rest of the glass before tossing it into the trashcan. She then disappeared into her kitchen only to reappear again with a plastic bag and some duct tape. She then placed the plastic bag over her broken window and taped it down. "Well that's done, lemme go change out of these night clothes and I'll meet you back down okay?" Connor nodded at her and watched her figure disappear up the steps. Connor then frowned a little, his LED swirling yellow. Why did he lick her finger? There was no need to considering the cut Lee endured was small and he could have simply gotten her a paper towel in her kitchen. There were many possibilities he could have chosen that didn't end with her finger in his mouth.

He shook his head at himself, feeling himself blush. He then heard her fast footsteps as she came descending down the steps. She wore some grey sweats, dingy white sneakers, a black shirt that as Connor scanned it featured some American rapper by the name of 'Tupac' on it and a denim jacket that had fur lining the inner part of it. Connor noticed a pair of silver hoop earrings dangling from her ears and a thin silver chain hanging around her neck. Lee then grabbed her larger black coat and slipped it on, looking at Connor. "Ready?"