Chapter 22 - Point of No Return ||

Last Chapter:

Their bodies fell into one another, the mass of humans and the atmosphere of the club swallowing the two of them whole. And only one coherent word seemed to enter their minds:

More.

Now:

Lee didn't know what had gotten into Connor (or herself) for that matter but she didn't want his lips to leave hers for a second. His lips felt warm and inviting, and his tongue was smooth and velvet-like. She had no idea where he learned to kiss like he did. Either way, she didn't want him to stop. The burning ache between her thighs drove logical thought. While Connor, on the other hand was experiencing these new sensations at a rapid rate. Everything felt so new and overwhelming all at once. There was an ever present hardness in his pants, something he found to be annoying. Each time his lips met Lee's it'd throb with a need for something. Something he couldn't figure out as of yet. A part of him was wondering if what he was doing was wrong. Lee was a human and---if Amanda were to find out what he was doing...

Connor yanked himself from Lee's lips as if burned. The cold stare of Amanda searing itself in his vision. If she were to find out what he had just done, what he had been feeling in general, she would either wipe his memory clean or worse, take him apart. The thought filled him with an overbearing feeling of heaviness, a chill crept up his spine and the small synthetic hairs on his arms stood on end. He'd never see Hank or Lee again, and the thought of not seeing or being around the detective duo had his artificial heart clenching. He had to stop this. He had to stop whatever this was that was building between him and Lee.

Lee had a hazy look of desire on her face, her matte lipstick slightly smudged from their messy kiss and her cheeks flushed. She looked at him confused when he broke the kiss, noticing the tension on his face. "What's wrong Connor?" she asked breathlessly.

"I..." Connor began, pausing as he noticed a stray hair framing her face. Instinctively he reached forward to brush the offending hair away only to pull his hand away, feeling disappointment within himself. He was weak. "I...we shouldn't be doing this." A flash of guilt crossed Connor's face when he saw the hurt look on Lee's face. "It's just that you're a human and I'm a machine, and this just doesn't seem right. I have a mission to complete and things such as this just gets in th--" Suddenly Lee's lips were on his once more, shutting Connor up completely. He froze for a moment but was soon kissing her back. Their bodies were pressed flushed against one another until Lee pulled away from him, her forehead pressing against his.

Connor lightly panted, feeling the inner workings of his fans whirring to cool his body off. "Don't tell me you don't enjoy kissing me," Lee said, her voice low yet far from timid. She looked up at him, her eyes challenging him to lie to her. Connor felt his voice caught in his throat as he stared into her dark eyes. He did enjoy kissing her. He enjoyed it more than he thought he could or ever would. "But--" Lee pressed her finger against his lips, cutting him off once more. "For fuckin' once Connor, stop thinking, stop over-analyzing everything," Lee said with a annoyed scowl. She was surprised by her own behavior. But, at the moment she didn't care. "The probability of a human and android being together Lee is slim," Connor said, his voice slightly strained. He wanted her. He wanted Lee. And that scared him. "We both could get in trouble..."

The consequences and risks were too high. Despite the strange new feelings that were arising within him, Connor didn't want to risk a memory wipe or a decommission. "Just for tonight Connor," Lee stated, her voice filled with need. "Just let go."

"But Hank--"

Lee reached up and touched his earpiece, shutting it off and then shutting hers off. "Hank will be fine."