|2

Lola woke up abruptly to her alarm and blinked in the sunlight.

She grunted as she slid off her bed and into the bathroom to get ready for school.

"Lola. Could you hurry up in there I'm running late for work" her dad said knocking on the door.

Lola lost her mum when she was younger and only lives with her father. Though she was closer to her mother, her and her father had gradually gotten closer after her mother's death.

She left the bathroom in her bath robe and got changed in her room.

She packed her school stuff and had some breakfast before making her way to school.

She parked near there exit instead of the front of school and walked to the entrance.

As she walked a jeep beeped at her making her jump.

"Hey!"
Haley smiled rolling the windows down.

King sat on the other side and smiled at her.

"Hi" She said returning the gesture.

Once Haley got out the car they walked into school together and talked.

"So I'm guessing you like my brother" Haley stated.

"What?" Lola said acting clueless.

"You don't have to lie. I'm totally cool with it" she laughed.

"He's just so fine" Lola shut her eyes and bit her lip. "Mhmmm"

"Stop fantasising about my brother!" She said pushing my shoulder.

"Oh shit" she laughed as Lola slipped and fell into Junior.

"You good ma" he chuckled as she sat in between his legs.

"Sorry" she laughed standing up. She held her hand out for him.

"Sike" she laughed picking up her bag.

"Ooooo" a few people murmured around them.

Two guys helped junior up swiftly.

"You better watch yo back teletubies messing around with Junior like that" Jared said.

"Jared. Shut up you're irrelevant!"Lola said.

Lola noticed that Junior was holding his friends back slightly.

"Are these your little bench boys or something?" She tilted her head observantly. "Aww. Do they only do what you tell them to?" She joked.

Some of them got angry as the ever growing crowd laughed.

"Stop huffing and puffing like you're the big bad wolf too" Lola said looking directly at Jared who was going purple. "I was really just joking and y'all are blowing it out of proportion"

"Lola" Haley hissed.

"What" she laughed.

Haley dragged her out the crowd and led her to the girls bathroom.

"You can't talk to them like that" she warned her.

"Are you being serious?" Lola said raising her eyebrow. "Are they the bullies of the school or something?"

"They've just got a lot of power. So they won't hesitate to get you back" she said.

"And plus. The way you fell into Junior" she paused and looked at Lola."a lotta girls are gonna get angry. I mean you ain't been here two days and you already got physical contact with him"