.. Growing up -1

"It's getting cold" Lola shivered. They had gotten out the lake and we're heading towards Mika who ended her long call to Thomas.

"Imma go find my stuff" Luke said running off somewhere.

"Ya has fun?" Mika asked standing up and dusting herself off.

I nodded my head.

"Why didn't you come into the lake with us?" Aniyah asked slipping her clothes on.

"I'm pregnant" she shrugged. "I'm tryna be on the safe side"

"Congratulations" Aniyah and Kamila said.

Mika just smiled.

"Where's my stuff Shamika?" Lola asked crossing her arms over her chest shivering a lot.

"It should be on the floor" she replied.

"Well it's not" Lola said.

"Which one of y'all niggas thought it was funny to take some clothes?!" Kamila yelled loudly. Everyone turned to look at us and some laughed a little.

"Are they being serious?" Lola shook her head laughing a little.

"Why would they just take your clothes though?" Haley said walking up to them adjusting her skirt.

Lola shrugged and felt a tap on her left shoulder.

"I don't mind giving you my jumper" the same guy that Lola was dancing with before held out a black Nike sweatshirt.

Lola blushed a little since she felt naked and everyone else was dressed.

"She's good homie" Luke said chucking his top at her face and standing between the boy and Lola. She heard Mika snicker a little.

LOLA

"I can't believe you lost my clothes!" I said agitated as I pulled on Luke's red top So it would cover my legs a little more.

"You're gonna stretch it out" Luke complained crossing his arms over his bare chest.

"I'm sorry. But clearly some weirdos wanted to steal your clothes. How was I supposed to know that it would happen?" Mika said rambling.

"I can probably find a jacket in my car" Luke suggested. "Or you can use the blanket in the boot"

"That's just because you want your shirt back" Haley rolled her eyes.

"You know it's cold" Luke said rubbing his arms. "I can see the goosebumps on your arm in the dark. And your face is a little red"

"Whatever. I just wanna go home" she said crossing her arms over her chest too. I walked a little faster towards our cars and noticed how steamy the windows were in Michael's car. Jay stood a couple metres away from the car with a sad expression resting on her face. For some reason her hair was curlier, I'd say similar to mine but her curls were loose although we did share the same hair colour. Her hair was fluffed out matching my Afro a little which was weird because I know I didn't see her in the lake with us and her hair was straight at the other party.

She caught my eye but didn't look away or change her expression.

As I got closer to the car, I could hear panting like someone was out of breath. Before I could even do anything, Mika swung the door open and started yelling slurs.

I don't know why, but my eyes were struggling to register what I saw. And my ears were ringing. At first I was looking at Michael. And only Michael. His eyes were red and he was looking straight at me too. Then I realised there was a whole other fucking female on top of him.