|40

LOLA

I stared into his eyes and sighed, why couldn't he see that his best friend is in love with him. And why did we end up kissing if I'm mad at him.

I pressed my lips together and heard the front door open.

"Jennifer's back" I said walking away and heading down the stairs.

I heard Michael's footsteps follow behind me.

"So we got take away" Jennifer held up bags of food and her smile turned into a grin as she looked behind me.

"Hey Michael" Mika said before walking into the kitchen with drinks.

"Yo, wassup" He nodded his head. "You're Lucas' girlfriend, right?"

He stepped onto the same step I was on and put his arm around me. Jennifer gave me a little look making me grin.

"Yes, and soon to be baby mama" She said rubbing her tiny bump. Michael chuckled a little. "And you must be Michael, Lola's boyfriend"

"Nice to meet you" he said sticking his hand out to shake her hand.

"Wow, so gentlemen like" Jennifer said making us laugh.

***

FRIDAY NIGHT

"Wait, who's party is it?" Luke asked Haley as they drove to the address Lola had sent them. He wore a red top with black jeans and two gold chains curtesy of his big brother Jamal.

"I don't even know, Lola started rambling on about some girl that fancies Michael"  Haley shrugged losing onto Luke's hand as he drove. She wore a black bandeau top and a matching midi skirt with sandals. She wore her hair out in its curls and had little makeup on.

"Who?" Luke asked.

"If I knew her name I would've told you" Haley said.

Luke looked over at her raising his brow.

"Look back at the road" she blushed giggling a little.

She turned up the volume in the car and turned to look out the window as Jeremih played through his speakers.

They pulled up to a normal sized house with cars parked on the lawn and people rolling through the front door.

7:56PM - LOLA

"Heyyy!" I yelled over the music hugging Haley and Luke. "You guys okay?" 

"We good" Luke stated

I wore a skirt and a long sleeved white turtle neck and left my fro out.

"Your hair looks so cuteeee" Haley complimented me.

"Thanks"

Shamika popped out from behind me.

"Hey uglies" She said hooking her arm with mine.

"Hey stupid" Luke said.

"Where's Michael?" Haley asked.

"I don't know, he saw someone he recognised and went to say hi" I shrugged.

"Hold up, you're not even supposed to be here in your state" Luke said in a telling off manner to Mika.

"You wanna tell the whole world I'm pregnant" Mika threw her arms out hitting me in the process. I rolled my eyes and looked at her annoyed. She wore tight green cargo pants and a plain white tee.

"I'm just looking out for my nephew." Luke said reaching to tap her stomach.

"Stop it" Mika laughed. "And I'm not drinking anyway. I'm not that bad of a person"