|39

Lola sat in the living room with Shamika and Jennifer talking about baby things.

"So when's the due date?" Lola asked excitedly.

Jennifer smiled. "In April, the 25th"

"That sounds like such a nice birthday" Mika said looking through the baby magazines Jennifer has brought over.

She had made her way over to the house at around 2pm to 'hang out with the girls' is what she told Lucas. But really she just wanted to talk to them a little more especially since she didn't have much family other than her mother. And she really enjoyed talking to Lola. It made they idea of being a step mom easier for her.

"It does doesn't it" Jennifer agreed.

"My dad said he wanted you to move in with us" Lola mentioned.

"Really" Jennifer blushed. Her tan skin colour has lightened a little during the winter yet her loose curls still shined. Today she wore it up in a sleek ponytail making her face look a little more structured. Though Lola could tell she was gaining a little bit of weight.

"Yeah, he bought it made sense since we're gonna be a family. Unless that's too quick for you"

She shook her head a little and grinned. "You wasn't supposed to tell me, were you?"

Lola pouted a little making Mika giggle.

"You know what he's like, I just wanted to give you a heads up so that when he starts waffling that he's gonna ask you" she shrugged.

"That's nice of you" Jennifer said flipping a page over in the magazine. "Would you like it if I moved in?"

Lola opened her mouth then shut it hesitantly. "I guess. Only if you help with house stuff because my dad sucks. I had to ban him from doing the laundry because he shrunk our hoodies and tops one time. I was so mad he had to buy me a bunch of new clothes to replace them"

"I think banning him was a good choice then" Jennifer chuckled.

"Ooh that looks nice" Mika said pointing out one of the baby cots.

"When are you gonna find out the gender?" Lola asked.

"At the baby shower" Jennifer stated.

"When's that?" Mika asked.

"A month or two before I give birth" she said.

"That's forever away" Mika complained.

"But it makes everything a little more exciting" Jennifer cheesed. "Plus, I was hoping you guys could plan it for me along with my mum."

"That means we get to find out the gender before you, right?" Lola asked.

Jennifer nodded making he girls feel a little more excited.

"The Doctor will give us an envelope with the gender and we'll give it to you guys" she informed them.

"Well, what do you want?" Lola asked.

"A girl" she smiled. "I've always wanted a baby girl, your dad wants a boy since he's already had experience with having a daughter" she said repeating his exact words.