|19

Lola waited downstairs in her living room impatiently.

"Yo chill out with those Pringles. You're munching hella loud." Shamika complained, her eyes were fixed on the television screen.

Lola side eyes her and continued to eat her Pringles but louder on purpose.

"Gimme that shit" Shamika snatched the Pringles tube out of her hands and resumed to watching The Originals on Netflix.

"Give them back or I'll tell you what happens to Klaus" Lola threatened sticking her hand out.

Shamika slapped the tube into her hand. "Fine then" she mumbled something under her breath and Lola rolled her eyes.

After a couple of minutes the doorbell rang.

"Finally" Lola smiled standing up.

She unlocked the door and smiled at Chris who stood there awkwardly.

"Hey" he said looking around he entrance of her house.

"You took long" Lola said leading him upstairs.

"I had to make a lie up to Luke about why I was going out, especially since I never leave the house. And what's this about us playing 2K on the PlayStation?" He chuckled.

"Michael made an excuse up about me needing to get ur number"

"So I also had to bring my PlayStation over with 2K since it turns out I'm not a good liar and he knows I'm over here" Chris laughed.

"You really brought it over" Lola gasped. She burst out laughing and finally led him to her room.

"We could always play when we're done" she suggested.

"Aight" he smiled "Oh and I'm pretty sure Luke thinks we're a thing" he said.

"What?"

"Don't worry about it. If we find everything out then we'll tell him" he reassured her.

Lola just nodded her head. She went over to her wardrobe and grabbed the box she had put at the bottom.

"These are all the letters I was talking about."

Chris took the box and skimmed though the first one.

His lips curled into a frown.

"She sent them all back?"

He then took the picture that she had found at the bottom of the box.

"This was at her university" he said not taking his eyes off the picture.

***

When Chris had left, Lola was unsure on whether she should be angry or not towards her mother.

They had called an Aunty who had explained the majority of what had happened to her knowledge, but it mostly painted Chris' dad as the bad guy.

"So?" Shamika walked into Lola's room and sat down.

"Did you find out what you needed to know?" She asked.

"Yup" Lola switched her tv on and resumed the game of 2K that they had been playing earlier.

"Since when did you get a PlayStation?" Shamika raised her eyebrow.

"It's Chris'. I have to learn how to play so that Luke doesn't ask any questions."

"Well when are you going to tell him your his long lost sister"

"We don't know. It's not like we're in a fairytale story where everyone is accepting" Lola said. "Plus, he probably would get angry at his parents."