-2

It's been 3 years since Lola and Michael has broken up...

//
SUMMER 2022

Lola woke up to a bang. She opened one eye and saw her little sister, Sophia, on the floor surrounded by empty cardboard boxes.

"How did you even get in here?" Lola sighed stretching in her bed. Sophia got back up and waddled towards her big sister, dragging one of the boxes with her.

"Leave it Sophia" Lola said. Sophia kept hold of it so Lola repeated herself "I said leave it on the floor"

She dropped it and pouted a little. Lola grinned a little at her little sister.

"Let's go brush our teeth" she said holding her hand out.

Sophia held onto Lola's index finger and pulled her along to the bathroom.

Lola could hear Jennifer and Iris in the twins' bedroom.

She picked Sophia up and put her on the counter then helped her brush her teeth.

"Lola!" Iris giggled when Jennifer opened the bathroom door wider.

"Hey Iris. Are you okay?" Lola asked.

"Yeahhh" She said. Jennifer let her stand by herself on the floor, but Iris stayed next to her leg and started sucking her thumb as she usually did.

"How's the packing going?" Jennifer asked.

"It's okay" Lola nodded making Sophia spit into the sink. "I've done all the little stuff. I'm gonna pack some of my clothes today and bring them to the apartment today" after gaining a stable position at 'Ashridge Architect and Homes' as a real estate agent she got a raise and started saving up to move out.

"We're really gonna miss you Lola" Jennifer said taking Iris' hand out her mouth.

"Where are you going?" Sophia threw her arms up in the air with toothpaste still around her lips.

"I'm getting my own place" Lola said sorting Sophia out. Sophia looked at her big sister funny since she didn't fully understand.

***
11:53 AM

LOLA

Sebastian helped me pick up a couple of boxes and put them into the back of his car.

"Thanks for helping me out" I said as we walked back up the stairs into my room to grab some other things.

"You know it's all good" he said touching the small of my back for a hot minute before taking my y'all lamp and holding another box in his other hand.

"Are you sure you're gonna be able to carry that I said piling two boxes together and carrying them.

"Yeah" he deepened his voice "I've been working out" he said flexing his muscles making me laugh.

"Put it back" Sophia screamed running towards Sebastian's leg and pinching his trouser leg making him laugh.

"Leave him alone Sophia, go find mummy" I said trying to distract her.

"Nuh-uh" she pouted.

"Sophia, go find mummy she's calling you" I said.

She turned around and started calling out 'mummy' as she walked out the room.

"You can keep telling me you don't have a favourite twin but Sophia clearly likes you more than Iris" Sebastian said.