|36

Lola sat in her room, a few minutes after Jeremiah had left Levi slid her a packet of crisp. Since she had been there all they had given her were snacks. But she wasn't gonna complain, apparently they bought them themselves and DJ couldn't give a shit on whether she was eating or not.

"You okay in there" she heard Levi ask through the door.

After being drugged by him, she didn't like him.

"I'm good" She laid on her mattress staring at the ceiling and the weird markings on the wall.

"I didn't drug you guys ya know?"

"Sure"

"I'm being forreal" He cracked the door open and saw that he was sitting on a chair right net to the door. Today, he wore a red top and light blue jeans with some jordans.

"I couldn't care less right now" she replied looking back up to the ceiling.

She heard him hesitating before he opened the door widely and stepped into the room, he shut the door behind him but she didn't hear him lock it.

"They let Haley go" he told her.

"Are you being serious?" Lola sat up and looked at him, his glasses slid down his nose a little as he looked down at her.

"Yeah, Chris took her home. DJ found out she's not even family."

Lola patted the cushion next to her signalling for him to sit down next to her.

"So is it just me and Jamal"

"Yeah" he nodded and sat next to her.

"So who drugged me if it wasn't you"

"Loco, he made the noodles for me because DJ asked me to do something and I brought them upstairs. He didn't want to deal with you hitting him again when they moved you into separate rooms."

Lola giggled a little.

"so you bust his lip huh?"

She nodded, and he grinned.

"So, are you related to Jamal then, DJ said it was a family matter and I've never heard or seen you before"

"I'm their sister, half-sister"

"Wow" he rubbed the back of his neck.

"I know, crazy" she said sarcastically and laid back down onto the mattress.

"You don't look like them that much, maybe Luke."

"So does everyone know that their family is in the drug business?" Lola asked.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's something that's passed on"

"I can't believe I didn't know" Lola tutted.

"You probably just shrugged the sign off" Levi suggested.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, all they could hear was music playing downstairs and the squeaking of a bed.

"Why are you here?" she asked.

"You mean because I'm white right?"

Lola nodded her head.

He shrugged and placed his hands behind him to support the way he was sitting.

"I just followed the crowd. I didn't like being left out, and the money's good"

"That's not a good enough excuse to hold girls hostage"

She noticed him staring at her and turned to face him. His brows drew together and he pushed his glasses back up.