|35

Lola woke up to a loud bang and sat up abruptly. It had been two days since she had been taken and a day since they had separated her from Haley.

The place she was being kept in was pretty quiet which she was unsure on whether to be calm or more worried.

She hadn't seen anyone since Thomas had drugged them and she was feeling horrible. Her breath tasted horrid and she was cold with a hungry stomach.

The thin blanket they had given her was barely doing her any justice.

She heard a knock on the door, "Yo, you good?"

She didn't reply.

"Are you dressed? Can I come in?" The guy asked sounding agitated.

"Yeah" Lola mumbled loud enough for him to hear.

Dj strode in with several of his men behind him. She stood up and backed up to the wall.

"I just need a picture" he grinned weirdly. "You gon' cooperate?" He asked sticking his hand out.

She was led downstairs into a living room that was clearly not used to chill in. She was sat down onto a chair against one of the pale walls and they gave her a newspaper from today's date. She giggled to herself.

"What's so funny?" One of the guys asked. She looked over at Dj who was smoking and looking out the window.

"I feel like I'm in a movie" she replied holding the newspaper up.

The guy glared at her for a moment then smirked. Before taking his phone out.

"Don't smile" he instructed sitting opposite her.

"And what if I do?"

"Don't start" he said holding his phone out.

She tilted her head and smiled with the newspaper. He sighed and put his phone out.

"James isn't gonna pay Dj up if you're smiling"

"I don't care, imma die anyway"

"What makes you think that?" His tone was soft yet serious.

"I'll stop smiling if you give me food" Lola said ignoring his question.

"Or I can just or you up and put a sock in yo mouth" he said.

"I just want food, that's not drugged"

"You can't make demands, WE kidnapped YOU" he spoke with his eyebrow raised.

"I don't mind the pot noodles again, just don't drug me again please"

He sighed when he realised she wouldn't let up.

"Okay, I'll get you food"

DJ turned around and watched the encounter between the two. She reminded him of Jamal a lot too. She was kind of stubborn but not so much that he wanted to kick her throat.

"Yo, I can try and start crying if you want" Lola suggested.

"I'm good" he chuckled taking a picture.

"Thanks for cooperating Lola" he said before leaving he room.

She put the newspaper down, she knew her name wouldn't be in there. She doubted that they would've involved the police. She wondered how her dad was and whether Jennifer would know that she was missing too.

DJ snapped his fingers and the rest of his men left the room.

He took a seat in front of her on the edge of the coffee table.