|26

WEDNESDAY

Lola ate her breakfast quickly as Michael texted her for the third time in a row.

She stood up while chewing her toast in a rush and grabbed her bottle of water before heading out the door.

She saw Michael standing by his car on the opposite side of the road.

"Sorry" she mumbled as she crossed the road.

"You take so long" he complained.

"You could've come inside." She shrugged.

"Isn't your dad home?" He looked behind her shoulder.

"Jamal didn't tell my dad anything" Lola laughed.

Michael looked at her with a raised eyebrow "You sure?"

"Yup" Lola smiled wrapping her arms around his waist.

He grinned and hugged her back.

*BEEP *BEEP

They turned around to a black Mercedes slowly pulling up to them with tinted windows.

The windows rolled down slowly and they saw Jamal's face smirking.

"Get in" Jamal said.

"I've gotta go to school" Lola said.

"You think I don't know that?" Jamal raised his eyebrow and looked at Michael who stood behind her smiling awkwardly. "You good Junior?"

He just nodded his head and stuffed his hands in his pocket.

"Michael was gonna take me to school" Lola said.

"Sure he was" Jamal said pulling a face making Lola snicker."Just get in, I'll take you"

"You are so stubborn" Lola laughed shaking her head. She kissed Michael's cheek to annoy Jamal and got into his passenger seat.

Michael waved as Jamal drove off.

"He takes me to school all the time" Lola said. "Nothing happens, I swear. I doubt there's much you could do on a car journey that lasts 10 minutes"

"There's a hella lit a shit you could do" Jamal chuckled nostalgically.

"Eww, what do you do in your spare time?" Lola scrunched her face up.

"None of your business" he chuckled.

"I'll have no business at all if you keep showing up" Lola said smartly.

"You shouldn't anyways" Jamal said."What are you even trying to do with Michael? I know your not a proper couple yet"

"Key word 'yet'. It'll happen eventually. And plus I know that you're fine with Haley and Luke being together."

"I'm just trying to look out for you" he said.

"I'm fine really"

"Okay, if you say so. How's school then?" He asked changing the topic.

"I need to catch up on loads. I've missed so much" Lola sighed.

"Maybe that's a good reason to stop messing with Junior"

Lola rolled her eyes playfully. "He's not a distraction. And plus Haley was going to help me."

"Isn't she King's sister?"

"Yup."

"She's a nice girl. I hope Luke doesn't mess up"

"But you'll never guess what?" Lola smirked.