|22

The next day, Lola went home.

She had huge doubts about them being able to find the guy. It was dark and she could barely see his face. In a situation like that she didn't even want to look that way.

The majority of the day she stayed in bed with Shamika by her side.

She had no intention of going through her phone to read messages of pity. She just didn't want to think about it.

But that was all that was on her mind.

"What did you think about Jaida?" Shamika asked.

"She's shit" Lola said bluntly.

"I understood why James didn't want me there because his wife cheated on him to make me. But I'm still her kid. The worst bit was when she showed up at the fricking hospital." Lola said, mumbling the last part.

"Damn." Shamika sighed.

"But I think James is like a drug dealer or something" Lola said getting more comfy underneath her covers.

"I wouldn't be surprised. Luke's always wearing some boujee shit" Shamika rolled her eyes.

After a few minutes of them silently watching the television, Mika asked another question.

"Are you still gonna y'all to your brothers?"

"Yeh. They're nice, especially Jamal. And I've always been cool with Luke."

"Now you're gonna know what it's like to have annoying brothers." Mika rolled her eyes thinking about her little brother.

Lola just laughed.

"I'm sure it's not going to be bad." She shrugged.

"And you're gonna have to buy more presents too" Mika said.

"I'm already used to having you as a sister though"

Shamika smiled and laid her head on Lola's legs.

"And I used to hate your boujee ass"

"You didn't think I hated you too?" Lola asked smuggly. "You was so annoying"

Mika chuckled and went back to watching tv.

***

Jamal sat on the couch as his dad paced up and down the living room.

"Dad I'm tryna watch Tv" Jamal complained.

"Can I ask you something?" He pauses in front of the tv making Jamal groan. "You tryna get to know this Lala girl?"

"It's Lola dad. It ain't even hard to remember"

"You gonna answer my question?"

"Yes, dad. She's my sister."

"You don't care that ya moms cheated on me?" He asked gritting his teeth.

Jamal sighed and paused the show he was watching. "I feel like you believe I don't remember he shit you did when we was younger. I remember you with several other women when mom was around. Which was probably why she left yo ass in the first place?" Jamal stood up and headed to the door.

"So you wouldn't be mad if I told you that you got another sister, older than you?"

***

"She's not answering my fucking calls man!" Michael threw his phone at the wall and collapsed onto his bed.

"She probably just doesn't wanna talk to anybody right now" Luke reassured him.

"We gotta find the nigga that did this" Michael said. So many thoughts ran around his head and his anger was getting harder to contain.