Two

Huge thank you to MadHattyr for writing the song Poisoned Door!! You can also find it in her book Mental Notes. The "chorus" for the second song is pretty much all I could come up with and is my work.

I'm still figuring out a lot of stuff for this story, so no guarantees on the timing of the next update.

Owen

I raise an eyebrow and give North a pointed look.

"Of all people, Mr.Taylor Jr., I didn't think that you would be the one to call a family meeting over a singer," I admonish.

I may use his last name when speaking verbally, but it can be exhausting to think, act, sound, and look perfect.

North glares at me and spits, "This isn't about a singer. This is about a girl who was or is being abused. No one knows where she is or who she is and her songs talk about wanting to escape."

"Every song is sad and full of emotion," Luke chimes in.

"So she is an actress and a singer," Victor retorts.

Victor of all people knows how many frauds there are in the world of media and glamor. How a person can act innocent and kind and really be a cunning manipulator. How a person can act like they are trying to help you and be a vicious deceptor.

Gabriel butts in exclaiming, "No! Just listen to it!"

"What's the harm?" Sean says with a shrug.

I rub the scar on the back of my hand and give the smallest of nods.

"Go ahead."

Luke happily presses the button and the sound crashes out of the computer hitting me like a tidal wave.

"I've been trapped in this room forever

A lonely maiden with no prince

I have searched all this space

For an entrance or an exit but

There's only one door

That doesn't like me anymore

It gnashes its teeth at me as I sleep

And the nightmares refuse to subside

The just talk of possibilities of what could be on the other side

Monsters lurking, demons smirking

"Tell me, what should I do?

All I have left are the fragments of you

But even your smiles and bright light will never get me through