Fifty-Two

Above is how I picture Sang driving...
***
Sang

North drives like a grandma.

A dead one.

He pays meticulous attention to every single law and drives slower than should be legal. In short, he drives nothing like Cleopatra.

"Stop the car!" I yell all the sudden.

North quickly pulls to a stop in the side of the road.

"North! Out!" I bark.

North leaps out of the car and I quickly clamber into his seat.

"North! In!" I order.

Much more confused, North hurriedly gets in back.

My lips curve into an imitation of a smile. "I'm driving now."

I slam on the gas and turn the radio up so it is blaring out the speakers. Luke yells and whoops as I drive quickly, ignoring all of the safety and legal suggestions the way that Cleopatra taught me. North is frozen in place in the backseat of his own jeep.

As I drive, I accidentally bumped a few cars that were in my way. Angrily, I smack the horn. Inconsiderate drivers going all slow in the fast lane.

We arrive at the airport before the others. However, we had a slow start so I doubt it will be long before they all arrive.

Pulling into the parking lot of the small airport, I yank the steering wheel to the side and spin the vehicle until we land in the perfect parking spot. Turning off the ignition, I toss North the keys.

"Much, faster, huh?" I tell North in German.

His already huge eyes managed to widen further somehow.

I wink at him and quickly exit the jeep. I storm inside the small building and march up to the desk, pulling out a knife I had taken from the storage unit.

"The Wolves plane!" I yell. "Where does it go?!"

"It goes to a ton of places!" The man at the desk tries. "And who are you?!

Ignoring his question, I snarl, "You know exactly where I am talking about. The place Cleopatra took me to!"

"You know the crazy one?" He says, paling even further.

"She loves me like a sister," I say with a smirk.

Swearing under his breath, he replies, "Here's their course."

I snatch the chart from him and thank him. I scan the chart and race to the parking lot where all of the boys have gathered and are hurrying over to me.

I stuff the chart in Kota's hand and explain the situation.

"I have a plane," Victor announces. "Let's go get them."

We hurry to the plane. Victor runs through all the procedures with Owen to get the plane ready as we buckle in. I wait impatiently as we begin moving.

Desperate for a way to stay sane during the wait, I take to counting under my breath in every language so know by prime numbers up to five hundred.

"Hey, Kota," Sean calls from beside me. "Sang likes to count too!"

I shrug and continue counting. It's something to do, at least. Kota grins at me.

"So how did you learn Japanese?" Sean asks, turning slightly in his seat to face me better.

"Well, our of sheer boredom, I learned my first languages when I was locked up. When I was in training, Silas and I made an effort to learn different languages together. As I'm sure you know, once you learn two languages, learning three or four is easy. From there, learning languages is much simpler and quicker," I explain with a half shrug.

Sean grins at me. "That's quite impressive, Sang. Do you sing in foreign languages?"

"Yes and no," I answer. "I love singing songs that were written in a different language, but I don't like translating my songs to a different language. I feel like the words lose some of their emotional and sentimental value."

Sean winces, "Never search YouTube for your songs, then."

"What is YouTube?" I ask, biting my lip.

Sean's bright green eyes widen comically.

"You don't know what YouTube is?!" Luke exclaims, inserting himself into our conversation.

I shrink away from them slightly. "It was never mentioned in the books I had and it never came up in training. How would I know?"

"Take it easy on her," North orders grudgingly, while shooting me a glare.

I think he is mad about me driving his car. At least he isn't so bad he won't stick up for me.

"Why is North so annoyed at you?" Nathan asks curiously.

I shrug. "I drove his jeep and—"

"YOU DROVE HIS JEEP?!" They all exclaim except for North and Luke.

"Yes," I reply slowly before continuing, "Anyway, I think he is annoyed because I ignored the traffic suggestions."

"Traffic suggestions?" Kota echoes.

I nod.

"She means the law!" North bursts out. "I'm pretty damn sure she broke every single law as we drove here from the storage unit!"

I roll my eyes at how dramatic he is being.

"Everyone get ready," Owen yells from the cockpit. "We only have twenty minutes until we land."

Nodding, I tighten my seatbelt nervously. Turning my gaze to the window, I force the emotions and thoughts from my head.

I need to rescue Silas and Gabriel and delete the footage. And if I can burn the place down, that would be a lovely bonus.

Looking around at the team, I am incredibly grateful. I was barely able to escape on my own. I need their help just as much as they need mine.

Together, we can end this nightmare.

***

Thank you for reading!!

One/two more chapters and an epilogue to go!