Twenty-Nine

I am back and have my device back!!

This chapter will provide some insight to Cleopatra, but remember that she... is not normal.

Comment your thoughts!

Cleopatra

I head to the bedroom, intent on taking a nap. All this running around and junk is making me exhausted. Looking after Sang is hard. This is why I never plan on having kids.

Dropping the bags, I collapse onto the bed, ready to hibernate. My phone buzzes in my pocket, preventing me from sleeping. Groaning, I pull out my phone and check it to see that Carson is blowing up my phone.

"Where is Sang?"

"Where are you guys now?"

"Is everything okay?"

"Is Sang injured?!"

"DID SHE DIE?!!!"

"Cleopatra Rocket King, you answer me now!"

"If you don't answer, I, Carson McCoy, will hunt you down and kill you!"

"This is your last chance to reply!"

"THAT'S IT! YOU'RE DEAD!!"

"Please? Just tell me she is okay?"

"Come on, Cleo! I know you guys are back!"

"Just tell me! I can't find her on the cameras! Where is Sang?!"

"Did you feed her? Is everything all right?"

"Cleo! You're scaring me!"

Rolling my eyes, I send out a quick reply.

"Quit being such a baby, Cars. She's fine. Wandering around the base. G2G. My bed is calling me."

I understand why Carson is feeling so protective. Sang has this quality to her that makes you just want to make sure she is always safe. Even the big bad Kaiden took her in and promised to keep her safe. And now I'll have to be the one to tell them that Sang now has a group of stalkers after her if Uncle is to be believed.

She told me a bit about her home life to explain how she is Ghost Bird. I will never let the little girl back there. Ros—I mean Sang does not deserve to ever go back to that house. The house where our fathe—I mean her mother abused her.

Rosalinda should never have to go through that.

My phone buzzes again.

"THAT'S IT!" I roar angrily.

Ignoring the text, I throw the phone across the room as hard as I can manage. It slams into the wall, denting it and cracking the phone. I storm over to it and stomp my foot into it. I grind my combat boots into the cracked screen and make sure that it is thoroughly destroyed.

I throw off my boots and toss myself into bed.

I need sleep.

***

I am woken by a mouse gnawing on my side. Lightning fast, I snake an arm out and grip the mouse tight enough to kill it, not even bothering to open my eyes. Except, my hand only finds a shoe.

"Who was kicking me?!" I yell, connecting the dots.

I open an eye to see a terrified Andrez trying to keep his balance.

"Andrez," I grumble. "What are you doing? You know that this is the female bunks."

"Y-Y-Yes," He stammers. "Carson told me to get you or die. Apparently, he's been trying to contact you."

"What time is it?" I groan, throwing myself over the side of the bed.

Blinking, I get off the floor, far more awake now. Hitting the ground always seems to jolt me awake. It is something that I have done ever since I was three.

"T-T-Tw-wo in-n th-the aft-tern-n-noon-n," Andrez stutters, his bright blue eyes wide and his albino skin somehow even paler.

I don't know why, but for some reason, people always stutter around me and get strangely scared, if not freeze up altogether. I wonder if I look like Medusa. Well, she had snakes for hair and I have black hair so I must not. And she was Greek and I am Egyptian. Really, that theory doesn't make sense then.

"C-Cleo?" Andrez asks, as if concerned.

"SHUT UP AND GET OUT!!" I order.

With a pathetic whimper, Andrez flees the room.

"Pathetic little boy. All he does is guard and look somewhat tough. Doesn't even do that right. I could break into this little box easily. With or without explosives. And he doesn't look remotely tough," I rant under my breath.

Ripping a brush through my hair, I toss it into a ponytail and line my eyes with gold to make them stand out and make me look more awake. Wouldn't want my boss to think that I sleep all day. I tug my black boots back on and toss the corpse of my phone in the trash.

I stomp out of the room to Carson's office.

Flinging the door open, I roar, "WHY DID YOU SEND THAT ALBINO FREAK TO WAKE ME UP?!!"

Carson rolls his eyes and answers, "He isn't a freak, knock it off."

"IF I WANNA CALL HIM A FREAK, IMMA CALL HIM A FREAK!!!" I shout back.

"Whatever," Carson grunts. "Anyway, I need you to come with me to the door. There is a group of people asking about Sang. I don't know how they found out about the new recruit so quickly, but I need you to determine if they are a threat or not. If you deem it necessary, scare them off."

Instantly, my fury is replaced by joy.

"Oh, Carson!" I coo. "Why didn't you just say that in the first place? I'd love to kill me some nosy peoples."

"That's not what I said," Carson argues, but his voice is drowned out by the sound of my hysterical laughter.

Laughing, I skip out of his office and make a quick stop at the armory. I pull out a nine millimeter, ignoring the knives. Guns are for business kills, knives are for personal kills. While all my kills are personal, this is for business reasons.

My maniacal laughter fills the halls as I make my way to the door, the only simple entrance into this metal and concrete box. I fling open the door and it slams shut behind me.

"Well, hello, little boys," I purr, fingering the gun. "What brings you here today?"

The nine men in front of me exchange looks in a manner that is too fast to catch.

"We are here to find a Ms.Sang Sorenson," One answers finally.