Nine

Sorry it is so short! The next chapter will provide a bit of insight and important information...

Vote and comment!

Luke

"You guys!" I yell to my brothers who are stretching. "Bird just uploaded a new song!"

That got their attention.

I am sitting on the hood of North's black jeep. Immediately, my brothers begin to crowd around me to hear the new song.

The song begins.

It is haunting.

It is beautiful.

It is both terrible and amazing.

It is set to the sound of sobs. They control the best and the notes instead of a traditional instrument. Although there is no video, all of our eyes are glued to the screen.

"I am as reckless as the ocean during tide
I am as together as a cloudy sky
I am as broken as a fallen man
I am as healed as this barren land"

This poor bird... What could make her feel such a way?

"And you can search all of the Earth
And you can search every damned sea
But no matter how close you come
You won't find me"

Don't worry, Ghost. We will find you. Nothing is impossible once the nine of out our minds to it.

"I am as wretched as any criminal
I am as fair as any trial by law
I am as equal as the sign
I am as ageless as time"

No, Ghost. You are far more than that. Is it possible to feel so much for someone you have never even communicated with?

"And you can search all of the Earth
And you can search every damned sea
But no matter how close you come
You won't find me"

I refuse to believe that. We will find her. We will search every damned sea of that is what it takes.

"I am as open as this book
I am as scattered as all the things you took
I am scarred and I am bleeding but I am still alive
And I will move Heaven and Earth if it means that I survive"

Oh, God... The sobs... I can't handle hearing them... I think I am going to hurl.

"And you can search all of the Earth
And you can search every damned sea
But no matter how close you come
You won't find me"

No! We will find her!

I sit there staring at the blank screen still.

None of us move.

The song begins again and I quickly stop it before it does.

"Well, at least she has not lost hope," Silas says miserably, trying to see the brighter side of the picture.

Gabriel snorts, "Yeah. That's a fucking relief. Let's just completely skip over the past where she flat out tells us that we won't be able to find her."

"Hey!" Sean exclaims. "Leave him be! We all don't like this, Silas is trying to be positive about a negative situation."

"Negative. That's a hell of a way to put it," Gabriel mutters, but doesn't say more.

Mr.Blackbourne steps back to address us all.

Clearing his throat, he says, "Boys, we have spent the last two weeks going to every location from the fan pages that have not been taken care of. This is not working. We need to find her, we can all agree on that."

He sounds as blank as ever, but I can hear the faint tremble in his voice.

"What do you suggest we do instead?" Nathan asks tiredly.

Visiting homes with abuse every day for these past two weeks has taken a lot out of us. We report everything we see to the Academy, but we don't see if they get the help they need, just the torture that they definitely don't need.

I turn to Mr.Blackbourne and rub my eyes, waiting for his response.

"Victor, get every one of your contacts on cracking the code to find Ghost Bird. The rest of you blow up the chats, comments, and fan pages. Don't give too many details, but get the point across that an elite team is searching for Ghost Bird and that we need as much help as we can get."

Surprised, I raise my eyebrows and see that I am not the only one.

Confusion clouding Kota's emerald eyes, he clarifies, "You mean you want us to tell others, hundreds of thousands of people, about our mission?"

Mr. Blackbourne states simply, "Yes."

"What?!" North exclaims. "Are we even allowed to do that?!"

Mr. Blackbourne cut him down with a steel gaze, his grey eyes intense.

"I just gave you permission to, didn't I?"

Not needing further instructions, I open my laptop again as my brothers follow suit, pulling out their own devices.

Quickly I type,

This is a member of a specialized team. We are devoted toward helping people in certain situations. We are looking for Ghost Bird. So far, we have determined that she is a small blonde with ongoing or past abuse. She will have been seen singing and  mostly through windows. If you have any help or thoughts, please respond or message me so we can find Ghost Bird.
Thank you.

I then copy the message and completely spam up everywhere that mentions Ghost Bird.

Hopefully, that will be enough information without giving anything out. I am just grateful for whatever it is that makes it so Ghost Bird's parents have not heard of her or her status.

My brothers are hurriedly doing the same as we continue in our search for our Bird.

We will search all the Earth.

We will search every damned sea.

And we will find her.