Twenty

Make sure to check out my other works in between chapters!

Academy Fanfic: Mad, Ire, Sang Insane, Darling, and Winter's Warrior (co-written with 9CorazonesOcultos)

Original: Harsh, The Elements of Rage

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

"Of course I'll join!" I exclaim.

Why on earth would I want someone else to buy me? These people have already promised to never hurt me or let anyone hurt me. That is even better than anything my parents have done for me.

"Excellent," Kaiden says, leaning back in his large leather chair. "For now, we will merely get you settled in. You will be evaluated this week and then your training will start."

I grin, excited for this new life. I don't know much about gangs, but I have a good feeling about this one.

"Come on then, Sang," Carson says with a smile. "Let's introduce you to Cleopatra. You can meet the other gang members tomorrow."

Fighting back a yawn, I nod, knowing that I am far too tired to meet anyone. Silently, I follow Carson out of the office and through the maze of halls. Several times, Carson glances back at me as if double checking to make sure I am still there. Finally, Carson stops at another metal door.

He announces, "I can't go any further, this is the women's bunks. Cleopatra is the only female here right now, but I am confident that you will get along."

I smile again and enter the room carefully, unsure about this Cleopatra. Carson doesn't wait and instead turns and leaves again.

"Who are you?" A loud voice exclaims.

Flinching slightly, I turn to the voice and answer, "My name is Sang. Carson brought me here because Kaiden bought me."

"Oh, so you're his new toy," She, I'm assuming Cleopatra, says with a sneer.

"No," I reply, furrowing my brow. "I don't know what you mean, but he said I was going to join the gang."

"Oh!" The tall girl exclaims. "We all figured you were going to be a boy! I'm so glad to have another girl around here that isn't like Jade!"

She places a hand on her hip, gives me a suspicious look, and adds, "You aren't like Jade are you?"

Eyes wide, I bite my lip and answer, "I don't know. Who is Jade? And who are you?"

Studying me, she decides, "You know what? You don't seem like Jade. I think we'll get along. My name is Cleopatra King. Welcome to the Wolves."

"Wolves?" I echo.

"You don't know who the Wolves are?" Cleopatra exclaims, her amber eyes wide. "Have you lived under a rock?! The Wolves is the biggest and most fierce gang in the country, maybe even the world! We are known for being ruthless to others and loyal to each other, among other things."

This time, I can't hold back the yawn.

"Aww..." Cleopatra cooes, clasping her tanned hands. "You are just the cutest thing!"

I blush and she announces, "You can borrow a pair of old pajamas from me. Even my oldest and smallest will be way too big, but it's better than nothing."

She marches over to a closet that is partially hidden behind the rows of bunk beds and reaches into the back to pull out a pair of pink pajamas.

"Here ya go," She drawls, handing them to me.

I accept the pajamas from her and Cleopatra declares before walking off, "You change and pick a bunk to sleep in. I need to finish cleaning my guns."

Nodding, I change quickly and fold the thin white dress neatly. I choose the bunk under a window in the corner and lay down, falling asleep quickly.

***

North

"But how do we know that Wil wasn't lying to us this whole time?" I argue.

They seem to be putting a lot of faith into this person, despite the fact that we have never met him. He hacked Victor's computer and led us on a wild goose chase, and we all the sudden trust him? Why am I the only one that is suspicious of him?

"We don't know," Kota sighs. "We have to trust."

Silas adds in Greek, "Besides, we're running out of options."

I nod and clench my fists in an attempt to control my anger. I know that this is not the root of my anger. It stems from the fact that we still don't have Sang and are about to go off grid. I don't like going off the grid, it reminds me too much of when I lived with my father.

"Turn all GPS locating devices off," Owen instructs. "What cash we have on us is all we get, so be prudent with purchasing items. We will have to find new vehicles for us to drive, our current cars can be tracked too easily."

We all nod our understanding. We know the drill. The Academy has put us through lots of training. They built us up, fine-tuned our skills, and taught us new skills.

Bet they didn't expect us to go rogue.

"So are we living in the woods or are we just avoiding cameras?" Luke questions, his brown eyes wide with curiosity.

Sighing, I answer my half brother's question, "Avoiding cameras and attention. We need to stay below the radar so that the Academy cannot track us down until we have Sang with us and can bring her to safety."

"If we get her, that is," Nathan inserts glumly.

"No!" Sean booms, startling us all. "We will find Sang! Who tracked down the longtime serial killer Volto and put him behind bars? We did! Who stopped the flood of the JH-13 drug? We did! Who has caught countless criminals and turned them over to the authorities? Us!"

"We can find her," Owen continues calmly. "We can do anything we put our minds to, including finding Ghost Bird."