Thirty-Two

For those of you who have read Mad, this is that chapter. Look for Sang!

*laughs evilly*

***

Sang

Cleopatra tucks me into bed, a strange look in her eyes. I want to fight, but I know that it wouldn't be worth it. The best thing to do right now is sleep so that I am rested up for all that tomorrow brings. I need to train and get better until I can get out on my own.

Clearly, those boys won't be able to save me.

Sleep comes a lot faster than I thought it would.

However, I can still see the darkness, telling me that I am either dreaming or something seriously wrong is happening.

Then I realize that I am standing up. This must be a dream of some sort. I stride forward and a light flicks on dangling above a square table with three chairs at it. When I get close enough, the light emitting from the single bulb illuminates the darkness enough to reveal two other girls. They look extremely different from each other and from me, but we look so similar that it is frightening.

The girl with the long bubblegum colored hair throws herself on the table and gasps, "Thank goodness! All that walking was killing me!"

She has the same eyes as me. She is just barely taller than me. This girl has fewer scars than I do, but she is almost as unhealthily skinny as I am. The other girl is tall, incredibly tall. Her hair is much lighter than mine and touches the ground. She has two parallel scars that drip from her eye to her jawbone. A piercing glints just above her lip. She has the same green eyes, but while the other girl's eyes are playful and innocent, hers are hard and unforgiving tinged with a dangerous madness to them.

"Who are you two?" She asks, her voice sharp and commanding, demanding you to listen.

"My name is Sang Sorenson," I answer, my voice giving away my nerves.

"Liar! My name is Sang Sorenson! There can't be two of us!" The pink haired girl exclaims before pausing and adding, "Unless... Are you my boring clone?"

Me? Boring?

"Wait! My name is Sang Sorenson!" The tall girl blurts, distracting me from my thoughts and finally showing some emotion.

"You must be my tall clone," The pink haired girl decides, looking proud of herself.

The tall girl cuts her with a glance. "No. I will be Sang One, she'll be Sang Two, and you can be Sang Three."

Sang Three, pulling on the ends of her hair, pouts, "I wanna be Sang One!"

Looking around the black abyss, I ask, "What are we doing here?"

"I wish I had a fucking clue," Sang One sighs.

Sang Three whips her head to look at her and shouts, "Did you just say a mean word?!"

"What?" Sang One asks with clear confusion.

Before anything more can be said, a metallic and artificial sounding voice orders, "Sit down."

The light brightens slightly and, once we are seated, the voice continues, "Each of you has something the others need."

"You have something I need?" I ask the two, confused.

"I don't know what the hell they are talking about," Sang One replies.

Sang Three reaches out a hand slaps her across the face. Sang One does not flinch or make any movement.

"Did you just slap me?" She asks, looking at Sang Three. Her face and eyes are completely clear of emotion except for the ever-present madness.

"Yes," Sang Three replies grouchily. Her face is almost clear of emotion, but I know those eyes and I can see the fear in them. "You said a mean word. Again."

As anger begins to show in Sang One's face, I quickly intervene, saying, "Calm down you two. What do you two need?"

Sang One goes first and I do my best to help her. Sang Three has the most ridiculous idea ever and claims it is foolproof since the voices in her head agree with her. Clearly, this Sang is Insane.

I intervene again and come up with a plan to help her before taking my turn.

I end up spilling everything, the way I used to live, being sold, life with the gang yesterday and today, Uncle, and the boys who might be the team.

"Well then," Sang One says, surprised. "You know, you are a lot tougher than you look. I mean, you look like a broken child, but you seem pretty strong."

"Thanks," I say drily.

"I like you," Sang Three decides. "You're my favorite Sang."

Furrowing my brow, I ask, "And why's that?"

"Because I'm taller than you. Duh," She replies.

"I'm not sure what you would do, actually," Sang One confesses.

Great. Now my hopes rest on the shoulders of the insane girl with pink hair who likes to converse with the voices in her head.

"We have a plan!" She bursts out triumphantly.

"What is it?" I ask hesitantly.

"Oh, you know, cool stuff. Sarah and Star will take control, enter your memory where you speak with Uncle, and speak with Uncle in your memory," Sang Three answers nonchalantly.

Before anyone has time to say anything, she closes her eyes and leans back in her chair. When they open, she speaks, "Hello, my name is Sarah and I would like to apologize for anything that Sang did or said that hurt you. I would also like to apologize ahead of time for Star."

"What are you talking about?!" She roars at herself. "Why would I need to apologize for anything, Sarah?!"

"Because you are psychotic, Star," She answers completely calm.

These are the people that are supposed to help? That are going to enter my memory?!

"Let's get started," She sighs, grabbing my hand.

Instantly, the abyss changes and Sang One disappears. Sang Three and I are holding hands in Bob's Diner.

"Now," Sang says. "Let's find Uncle and ask him for the password. This will be simple and easy, don't worry."

And, surprisingly, it is easy. All we do is ask him for the password. He gives it to me, annoyed at himself for forgetting it. I don't understand how this is possible or how this is happening, but I don't have to. After all, this is just a wild dream.

Soon, we are back to normal and talking, helping Sang Three, and hanging out.

This, by far, is the best dream I have ever had.