Chapter 11

You wake with the echo of what you think might be a laugh ringing in your ears. Eyes blinking slowly open, you can see the shaft of light splashing down on you. Your vision is ringed by red. You try to remember what happened. Trying to recall the past events from the night before. You were running through a forest of some sort. The forest was almost bare of leaves, each tree naked. The sun was down, it was nighttime. You couldn't see where you were going. You tripped- 

Gasping, you jerk upright. You realize you're in a bed of red flowers. Sitting up so suddenly makes your head throb with pain, and you press your hand to your temple. You twist around, searching as you shift onto your knees, pushing yourself to sit up and look around you. Your hand still pressed firmly against your head, eyes darting back and forth as you got an idea of where you were. 

You're alone in a bare field of red petals. You weren't sure what flowers, but they seemed to stretch for miles in all directions. The rational part of your brain thinks you were dead, had run off. Dreaming, maybe. But nothing so far seemed proper. 

You slowly placed both hands on the ground, pushing yourself to stand up. A little shaky at first, your hands going out to steady yourself before you balanced out and stood straight. The blood rushing around, making you feel dizzy. You groaned quietly, pressing your palm against your forehead and closing your eyes for a moment. The sudden flashback of feet running popping up into your mind. 

You gasped, removing your hand and opening your eyes wide. Looking around, but seeing no one running. No feet, no noise. Just the dead silence of wind brushing against the flowers. Blowing them to the left ever so softly. The red-sea of flowers, you figured. 

 You wait for a few minutes, which creep by at a snail's pace before you took small steps forward. The flowers beneath your foot flattening as you strolled around. Your nails against your teeth as you nibbled at them. Your free hand over your forehead to stop the sun blinding you. Giving somewhat of a shadow as you tried to get another look. Hoping to see some sort of forest line, buildings perhaps. But nothing came to sight.

Lowering your hand in disappointment,  a chill runs down your spine and you have to swallow past a lump in your throat. Something isn't right. You felt it when you woke up and now it's only more obvious. Where exactly were you? And what had happened the night before. 

Closing your eyes once more, you concentrate. Hoping to dwindle some sort of flashback, but so far the flickers of feet padding against the ground and the bare trees were all you got. 

You looked ahead for a moment, taking it in once more. Where was Pennywise? Was this hell? Heaven? Where was everyone? 

The beating of your heart quickened as you began to take more rigged steps forward. Losing balance in some spots, but regaining quickly. 

You had no clue to how long you had been walking. But the sun hasn't fallen yet, it was in the exact position it was when you first woke up. You figured you hadn't walked anywhere, but the small amount of logic left told you, you had. Your steps hadn't faulted, always keeping the same speed as you paced forward. But the red-sea of flowers never left. They went on forever, never coming to an end. No tree line in sight. Nothing. 

The breeze had stopped a while back. The flowers still, unless stood upon. But even then, when you looked over your shoulder to get a backtrack. You couldn't see the flattened flowers to signal your footprints. No, the flowers bounced back up to their original position. It was a shock at first, but now, you were used to it. Confused, and downright scared. 

Pennywise was up to something. This isn't possible, flowers just bouncing back up into place like they have never been stood upon. No, the clown had to have something to do with this. Surely. You were positive.

"P..." You coughed the rest, jerking to a stop and covering your mouth. The lump in your throat rose for a moment, leaving a severe pain before leaving seconds later. You collapsed to the ground, knees pressed against the soil as the tears left your eyes. The pain subsiding, but the sudden shock of it scary. Why couldn't you say his name? "Hel-" you coughed against, moving your hand quickly to see a splatter of blood spitting out and landing on a flower's petal. The lump in your throat returned for a few seconds, before disappearing once more. The pain leaving alongside. You cried silently to yourself, placing your hands on your neck and gently massaging the skin. What was going on?  You couldn't speak, the pain was too much - it was almost like someone pauses you mid-speech. Like a movie, a show. 

You averted your eyes from the dripping blood and looked up. Gasping, seeing the sudden fields of flowers being replaced by a tree line and a gravel road. Sniffling, you stumbled towards it. Your bare feet, of which you only now realized, coming to contact with the damp gravel. You gently scrunched your toes up and you glanced at the track. Seeing the gentle indents of some sort of thin tires in it. You bent down, placing a hand and following the indent before looking back up. Seeing a small figure very far down the path. 

A small gulp, followed by your mouth opening and about to speak before stopping yourself. Not wanting to have that pain, that blood, that pausing-like sensation again. Instead, you clapped your hands. Trying to get the persons attention. You did. The figure slowly turned around, the male face looking straight at you from a hundred or so meters. The beard was evident, and you smiled to yourself. You didn't know what was going on, but this seemed good. You waved your hands vividly, the person tilting his head before taking slow steps towards you. His coat blowing back in a breeze, something. 

You cried allowed, taking stumbled steps forward as you ran towards the man. Tears running down your cheeks as you got closer. The man turning around and yelling out some sort of word you didn't hear. He waved his hand behind him before turning around and taking faster steps towards you. 

Minutes felt like hours, but you finally fell in front of the man. Him bending down, placing a hand on your head and lifting it up. "Hey," he muttered frantically, brushing a strand of hair back behind your ear before he turned his head around. Looking behind him, your gaze following his as you saw two horses galloping towards you. Them pulling a cart. You whimpered, placing a hand on the cuff of his sleeve and tugging at it. Opening your mouth and wheezing out.

"W.." You coughed out small splatters of blood. The substance draining into his brown suit. The lump in your throat grew, as did the pain. You cried allowed, lifting your head up and placing your hand on your throat. Massaging it, trying to rid of the pain.

"Shh," he muttered, looking at you worriedly. Your gaze glanced over at him, finally gaining control as the pain went. You couldn't speak, not for now. 

The man was wearing a hat on, it slightly tipped to the right as his green... green? You stared at him in confusion. Green eyes were rare, you thought to yourself before shaking your head. You glanced at the small tuff of hair poking out from under the hat - the ginger hair whipping around. As was his beard. It a decent size, handing down to just above his collarbone. 

"Where are your clothes..." He mumbled to himself, sitting you upright as the gentle patter of horse-hooves got closer. You looked down at yourself, noticing your bare body - except for undergarments. 

You shook your head in reply, you had no clue. But too afraid to speak you clung to him. Closing your eyes as you felt the gentle heartbeat against your ears. The rising of his chest as he sighed quietly. Keeping silent as the carriage got closer before finally arriving beside you two. 

"Get her in here..."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

The noise woke you up. The gentle noise echoing in the background as your eyes opened. Staring ahead for a moment, seeing a white wall before you closed your eyes again. Figuring you were safe. But the sudden flashback of a man holding you, the carriage bumping up and down as you sat inside. The flashes of lights, the rushing of men and women in white-red-crossed uniforms danced inside your mind. You gasped, sitting upright and staring around. Feeling cords restricting. The wires wrapped all around your body, connected to small needles poking into your skin. You felt the construction of some sort of face mask around your nose and mount. Quickly you pulled it off, the warmth leaving your face and the fresh air taking shelter in your lungs. You glanced down at the dew-covered mask and sighed. Noticing the plastic shape, the tube connected to it. You followed it, seeing a small oxygen tank to your left. Placed neatly on the ground between your bed and a bedside table. 

Coughing, you looked to your right. Noticing a large IV stand holding a bag of liquid inside. You squinted your eyes, attempting to read the labeling before hearing the squeak of a door. 

You quickly averted your eyes, leaving back and holding your arms across your chest. Ignoring the cables as a man walked into the room. A white uniform present as he held a clipboard. Looking down at it before sighing and placing it on a desk beside the door. Turning around and pushing his glasses up his nose as he smiled at you. "You're awake," he murmured. Taking small steps towards you, a small smile present as he took a seat in a plastic chair.

You opened your mouth to speak, but he quickly shushed you.

"You are unable to speak," he stated, watching your face contort to shock. "I know, we tried everything but it seems you got an injury to your Broca's area, a spot in your brain," he explained simply. Fiddling with some keys before unlocking a drawer from the bedside table. Pulling out a file holding some scans. You glared at him as he flicked through before showing you some sort of X-ray regarding your head. "You see this black spot," he pointed towards a certain area. You leaned forward, getting a better look before nodding and leaning back. "It's this area that has reduced you to a mute." 

You sniffled quietly, a mute? Couldn't you speak? 

"It seems you got a severe injury to the posterior of the brain. It's doubtful you are ever going to be able to speak again, but there's always hope."

You just stared at him before looking around, staring at the white-pristine walls before glaring back at him. Your facial expression saying everything the doctor needed to know. He coughed awkwardly, taking out a notepad and handing it to you with a pen. "What's your name?"

You didn't pick the pen up, just stared down. Thinking for a moment. Processing it all. What the fuck is going on. You can't speak, you're in a hospital and where was Pennywise? How did you get injured to the point of muteness? Sighing, you grasped the pen and wrote your name down. Handing the paper to him and huffing.

He chuckled, reading your scruffy writing before nodding. "(Y/n), pretty name," he hummed, scribbling some stuff on some paper before placing it under his arm. "Well, I'll let you get settled and come in later." He gave a small smile before turning away. Walking off and grabbing a remote. Pressing the power button and mute before walking away. Leaving you alone in the sterile environment. 

The door closed behind him, your eyes averting to the television in front. You were very confused, and the fact that a kids show was playing made you even more confused. On the television was a simple cartoon you had seen before. You friend always talked about it when they were little. The yellow dog and human. You tilted your head, watching intently as the dog stretched around. Kid shows were weird, and you weren't a kid! Why were you watching this? 

Snarling in disgust, you looking around for a remote before spotting it on the other side of the room. You groaned, looking down at yourself and seeing you almost strapped down with cables and wires. Too scared and nervous to move, you leaned back and closed your eyes. The television silent for a moment, no audio until you the small buzz caught your attention.

You peeked your eyes open to see the television on a no signal channel. The white and black frizz frantically vibrating before a picture began to form. The look of a large head, hair. You narrowed your eyes as you leaned forward, your heart beating at the picture cleared itself.

Pennywise was in the television, staring straight at you.

A/N Please be sure to join my new discord at - https://discord.gg/aCbWvQb