2. Wolf Moon

A/N: Just a quick note, please don't ignore

A/N: Just a quick note, please don't ignore. Later in this chapter there's a reference to DC Comics, and I've got a lot of comments saying 'eww, no only Marvel.' If you're reading this, I want to ask you to please not comment any more like this, because it's not funny anymore. Thanks ❤

"I can't believe we're back here." Silver says and looks at her old house. She hears her cousin sigh, "Yeah, me neither. I have full custody over you now, you're going to have to go school tomorrow."

Silver groans, "Why would you do that to me?" Derek turns around and looks at her, "Because you have to graduate, it's what your dad would've wanted." She crosses her arms, "Don't talk about my dad." She says before walking towards what's left of the house she grew up in.

Derek sighs, he knew it would always be a touchy subject for her. Every time someone mentions Peter, she shuts herself off. Growing up wasn't easy for her, she would dream every night about their family screaming, watching her dad burn in the house. He was alive, but not to Silver. She knew that he would never be able to wrap his arms around her, he would only be sitting in a chair and stare in front of himself, not able to move.

That thought broke Derek's already broken heart, Silver was the only family he had left now that Laura was gone too. "Do you want to go see him?" He asks her when he follows her into the house. "I..." She looks down. Derek places his hand on her shoulder, "I'll be right next to you." He tells her.

"Okay." She says. The thought of seeing him scares her. When she was younger the doctors wouldn't allow her to see him because she was too young. She knew his body was covered in burns, but she never knew what it looked like.

She hadn't seen her father in years.

They arrive at the hospital; a nurse leads them to Peter. Silver grabs Derek's hand when she sees her father sitting in a wheelchair. "Oh my god." She walks closer to him. "Can he hear us?" She asks the nurse. 

"We don't know." The nurse tells her, "I'll leave you three alone."

"Dad, I hope you can hear me." Silver feels tears in her eyes when he doesn't answer. "It's me, Silver, your daughter. I..." She closes her eyes, she feels them burn and a tear rolls over her cheek. "I can't do this, Derek." She stands up and turns towards her cousin. "I can't" She sobs. He quickly wraps his arms around her and pulls her in a hug. "I miss him, I miss him so much." He nods and lets her cry in his chest. "We should go home." He tells her.

--

"Wake up, sleeping beauty." Silver says when she sees her cousin sleep on one of the couches that survived the fire. "You have to drive me to school." He groans but gets up. She grins in victory and walk towards her bag. 

"I'm so regretting letting you go to school." Derek says, he's definitely not a morning person.

Silver shrugs and follows him towards his car, "Maybe you should give me my own car, then. Or let me drive yours." He rolls his eyes, "One, I don't trust you at all with my car." They both get in. "And two, I don't trust you at all with any car."