3. Second Chance at First Line

"So, how's your boyfriend?" I look up and see Lydia walk towards me. "What boyfriend?" I ask her and open my locker to grab my biology book. "The guy you were talking to at my party." 

"You mean Stiles?" I ask her. "Who's Stiles? I mean that hot guy in a leather jacket." I groan and close my locker. "That's my cousin, Derek." 

"Hmm, he's hot."

"Yeah, I've been told that before." I roll my eyes. "So, do you like someone? It's important for your reputation to date someone." She smirks at me. "Oh, no. I'm not really interested in dating someone." I tell her. 

"Oh, come one, you could always have a little fun. Have you ever had a relationship before?" She asks me. I nod, "twice."

"Tell me about your exes." 

"I... Alright, my first boyfriend's name was Darren." I tell her, "Darren, why did you break up?" 

"He cheated." I lean against the lockers. "Oh. And your second boyfriend?" I stay silent.

"Or... girlfriend?" Lydia tries.

 "Yeah." I grab my bag, "I have to go." I quickly walk away, not wanting to remember my past. 

"Hey it's okay." Lydia grabs my arm. "What was her name?" I feel my heart start beating faster and my mind starts to panic. I'm probably one of the only werewolves with panic attacks. "Silver?" I hear her voice. Two soft hands pull me in a classroom.

"Hey, breathe." I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I open them again and look in Lydia's green ones. "Are you okay?" She asks me. "Was the break-up that hard?" I sigh, I'll never be able to tell her the real story. About what really happened. 

"Yeah, I guess." 

"What was her name?" She asks me again. "Sara." I tell her. "Look, I really need to go to class." I awkwardly pat her shoulder and run out of the classroom that starts to fill with students.

"Hey! Where are you going?!" I hear an adult voice stop me when I'm about to walk outside. "Get to class!" I close my eyes, I know they're bright blue right now. "Young lady, I'm talking to you." His voice sounds far away, and I feel my claws pierce in my skin.

"Hey!" I turn around and see the coach, my eyes changed back to the original colour. "Are you okay?" I quickly wipe away the tear on my cheek. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine." 

"What is your name?" Coach asks me. "Silver Hale." I tell him.

"Hale... Hale... Derek Hale?" 

"He's my cousin, sir."

"He was a good player, it's sad what happened to your family. I'll let you go this time with a warning, don't let me catch you again." He says and walks away.