16. Abomination

I cross my arms and sit on the floor, watching Derek trying to train the three Betas. Isaac jumps and is about to attack Derek, but Derek pushes him on the ground. Isaac tries again a few times but Derek keeps throwing him on the ground with an annoyed look. Erica suddenly jumps but Derek catches her and throws her next to Isaac on the ground. Boyd and I share an amused look. Derek rolls his eyes, "Does anyone want to try not being completely predictable?" 

Erica jumps on his waist and kisses him passionately. "Uhg, gross." I mumble, but I know everyone can hear me. Derek throws her on the ground again. 

"That's the last time you do that." He says annoyed. "Why? 'Cause I'm a Beta?" Erica asks him.

"No. It's because I have someone else in mind for you." Derek answers. 

"Are we done?" Isaac asks, "'Cause I got about 100 bones that need a dew hours to heal." He sits up slowly. Derek walks towards him, "Let me see." He grabs Isaac's arm gently, but suddenly breaks it. I cringe at the sound of Isaac's arm breaking.

"101. You think I'm teaching you how to fight, huh? Look at me! I'm teaching you how to survive!" He let's Isaac go. 

"If they wanted us dead, why aren't they coming for us now?" Isaac aks Derek. "What are they waiting for?" 

"I don't know. But they're planning something, and you, especially, know that's not our only problem. Whatever that thing is that killed Isaac's father, I think it killed someone else last night. And until I find out what it is, you all need to learn everything that Silver and I know. As fast as we can teach you." Derek says before walking away. 

I sigh and kneel next to Isaac and look at his arm. "That looks painful." I say and see Boyd and Erica leave the room too. "Believe me, it hurts." Isaac answers.

I grab his wrist and watch the black veins on my arm, I'm taking away his pain. I wince when it's getting more and let go. He gives me a small smile, "Thank you."

--

Erica walks towards the pool while holding Stiles' ear. "Stiles." Derek greets him when she lets him go. 

"Derek, Silver." 

"What did you see at the mechanic's garage?" Derek asks him and looks down at the basketball he's holding. 

"Uh, several alarming EPA violations that I'm seriously considering reporting." Stiles answers sarcastically. Derek digs his claws into the basketball, making it hiss. "Holy god." Stiles closes his eyes. 

"Let's try that again." Derek says to him.

"Why are you asking me? Silver saw it too." Stiles asks. "I only saw it's shadow." I cross my arms. 

"Alright, the thing was pretty slick looking. Uh, skin was dark. Kind of patterned. Uh, I think I actually saw scales. Is that enough? Okay? 'Cause I have somebody I really need to talk to." Derek looks at him and Stiles grunts. "Uh, all right, fine. Eyes, eyes are, um... yellowish and slited. Has a lot of teeth. Oh, and it's got a tail, too. Are we good?" I elbow Derek, he looks at me and I nod at the small balcony above Stiles. His eyes widen slightly. Erica looks too.

"What? What, you've seen it? You guys have this look like know exactly what I'm talking about." Stiles turns around when the creature hisses. He lets out a  weird roar and Stiles walks towards us. My wolf reflexes push him behind me. The creature jumps in front of us and Derek growls at it. It pushes Erica against the wall and she falls unconscious on the ground. I growl at the creature but it pushes me against the wall too. 

"Silver!" I hear Derek yell before everything turns black.

--

"Silver." I feel someone shake me awake, I open my eyes and groan. "Derek?" I ask softly. 

"Hey, I'm here." He gives me a soft smile, that only I ever get to see. "What happened? Did you kill it?" I ask and he helps me up, I notice that his hair is wet and there's water dripping from his face. 

"It ran of, I know what it is." 

"Why are you wet? I thought you hated swimming?" I ask him. "I was paralyzed, I was stuck in the pool with Stiles for hours." He groans and helps me stand. 

"Lucky you." I mumble sarcastic and follow him out of the room. Erica gives me a small smile and follows us.

Stiles and Scott are looking at someone's computer. "How are we supposed to find out what this thing is?" Scott asks. "It's called the Kanima." Derek answers. 

"You knew the whole time?" Stiles asks. "No. Only when it was confused by its own reflection." 

"It doesn't know what it is." Scott says. "Or who." I add. I know what a Kanima is, as a kid I wanted to know everything about every creature. My dad had told me stories about kanimas and kitsunes. Kitsunes were always my favorite, and I still wish I'll meet one some day.

"What else do you know?" Stiles asks. "Just stories. Rumors." I answer. "But it's like us?" Scott asks. 

"It's a shape-shifter, yes. But it's... It's not right. It's like a..." Derek starts but doesn't know the right word to say. 

"Abomination." Stiles answers for him. Derek nods at him. We turn around to walk away but Scott stops us, "Derek. We need to work together on this. Maybe even tell the Argents." 

I snort, "You trust them?" 

"Nobody trusts anyone. That's the problem. While we're here arguing about who's on what side, there's something scarier, stronger and faster than any of us, and it's killing people! And we still don't even know anything about it!" Scott says. 

"I know one thing." Derek says. "When I find it, I'm gonna kill it." Derek walks away. Erica and I look at each other for a few seconds before following him.

 "Why does it smell like wet dog?" She whispers to me and I laugh softly. I can hear Derek growl at us, making me laugh harder.