5. Magic Bullet

"What is it?" I ask Derek when he kneels on the ground. "Blood." 

"Yeah, I can smell that. From who?" He stays silent. "Kate." He whispers an I freeze. I look up because I feel watched and I gasp. The Alpha was staring at us. Derek looks up too and the Alpha crawls away. He growls before he jumps away.

Derek and I start following him, jumping over the roofs of the buildings. We're both about to jump closer towards the alpha when we hear two shots, I feel a piercing pain and fall down, I can hear Derek groan as we roll of the roof on the ground. He coughs and pulls me up, since he's older he's stronger than me. I can't really move my body. He lifts my shirt slightly and I see where, I think Kate, shot me. I see purple smoke, he lifts his own sleeve and sees the same wound. 

"I know I talked about matching tattoos." I mumble to him, "But I didn't mean this."

The pain becomes worse and everything becomes darker. "Silver, hey! Stay with me!" Derek shakes my shoulders. "Focus on my voice, okay?" He helps me up. "We have to find Scott."

--

"Wait here." Derek mumbles to me. "I'm going to find Scott." I lean against the back of the school. "Are you sure no one will see me?" I pant, the pain is becoming worse. "I promise you, I'll find him." Derek whispers and walks away.

I look at the hole in my shirt, there's blood dripping on the ground. I groan and look around There's no one. I suddenly feel really tired, I don't think it'll be a problem if I close my eyes for a second, right?

Well, it was longer than a second, because when I open them I'm in the back of a car. I start to panic but when I smell Derek's scent I calm down. I open my eyes and see Stiles.

"Try not to bleed out on my seats, okay?" Stiles say to Derek. "We're almost there."

"Almost where?" I ask and try to sit up. "Your house." Stiles sighs. "What? No! You can't take us there." Derek panics. "I can't take you to your own house?"

"Not when I can't protect Silver." Derek says to him. "I don't need-" My sentence is cut off by a groan escaping from my throat, "protection."

Stiles stops his car on the side of the road. "What happens if Scott doesn't find your little magic bullet? Hmm? Are you dying?" 

"Not yet. I have a last resort." Derek says. "What do you mean? What last resort?" Derek pulls his sleeve up, revealing his wound. "Oh my god!" Stiles looks away, "What is that? Ugh, is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out."

"Start the car. Now." Derek says to him. "I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look. Okay, in fact, I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf asses out in the middle of the road and leave you for dead." Stiles snaps at him.

"Start the car, or I'm going to rip your throat out. With my teeth." Derek threatens him, and Stiles sights before starting the car.

He drives around for a few hours, Derek and Stiles keep arguing and I keep passing out. When I wake up again, Stiles is calling Scott. "What am I supposed to do with them?" I hear Stiles say, but I'm too weak to hear Scott's answers. "And by the way, they're starting to smell... Like death... What about your boss?" Stiles sights and gives the phone to Derek, "You're not gonna believe where he's telling me to take you."

"Did you find it?" Derek asks Scott. "If you don't find it, then we're dead, all right? ... Then think about this. The Alpha called you out against your will. He's gonna do it again. Next time, you either kill with him or you get killed. So, if you want to stay alive, then you need me and Silver. Find the bullet." And that's the last thing I hear before passing out again.

--

When I wake up I feel two arms carry me, I open my eyes and see Stiles look down at me. He helps me sit next to Derek on a few bags of dog food. "You okay?" Derek whispers to me. I shrug, "I don't think so."

"Does Nordic blue monkshood mean anything to you?" Stiles asks us. "It's a rare form of wolfsbane. He has to bring me the bullet." Derek answers. "Why?"

"Because we're gonna die without it."

I close my eyes softly, "No, Silver, keep your eyes open." Derek groans. "Stiles, help her."

"What? How!" Stiles panics and grabs my face, "Hey, Silver, focus on me, okay? Stay awake." He picks me up bridal style, "Okay, this way." He tells Derek. He carries me towards I think one of the rooms of wherever we are. "Keep your eyes open, Silver."

"It's reaching her heart." Derek says and enters the room, opening the door for us. He pulls off his shirt, I have no idea why. Everything moves fast, and I can't control my senses. I've never felt like this.

Stiles sets me down on the ground and he starts talking with Derek, but I can't hear what they're saying. At some point I hear Scott run in the room, but I pass out again.

When I wake up I feel a burning pain in my stomach. I groan loudly and feel my eyes glow bright blue, my claws scratch the floor and my fangs break the skin of my lips. I let out a loud scream that turns into a roar.

I feel a hand on my arm and the pain goes slowly away, I open my eyes and see that Derek's taking away my pain. The wound is gone, and Derek and Stiles help me up. Derek starts arguing with Scott, but it takes me a while before I can hear them.

"They're a lot nicer than you are." I hear Scott say. "Yeah, I can show you exactly how nice they are." Derek says, and I freeze, he means my dad.

--

"What are we doing here?" Scott asks but Derek ignores him and starts walking towards the hospital. I sigh and follow him. We walk towards my dad's room. My dad's still where he was the last time I saw him, of course, since he can't move.

"Who is he?" Scott asks. "My father." I can see the shocked look in his eyes. "Peter Hale." 

"Is he like you? A werewolf?"

"He was, now he's barely even human." Derek says to him. "Six years ago, my sister and I were at school. Our house caught fire. Twelve people were locked inside, Peter and Silver were the only survivors." Derek explains.

"My dad helped me escape, but he couldn't make it." I say softly.

"So, what makes you so sure that they set the fire?" 

"''Cause they're the only ones who knew about us."

"Then they had a reason." 

"Like what?" I snap at him. "You tell me what justifies this." I turn my dad's chair around and Scott gasps. "They say they'll only kill an adult and only with absolute proof. But there were people in my family that were perfectly ordinary in that fire." I say to Scott, getting angry. "This is what they do. And this is what Allison will do." I get cut off by a nurse.

"What are you doing? How did you get in here?"

"We were just leaving." Derek tells her and grabs my arm. I look at my dad before following Derek out of the room.