9. Wolf's bane

I smirk when I'm racing in Derek's car, he'll definitely kill me if I harm it, but I don't care at the moment

I smirk when I'm racing in Derek's car, he'll definitely kill me if I harm it, but I don't care at the moment. With Stiles next to me and Scott in the back we're racing down the streets to distract Kate. "Faster?" I ask Stiles. "Much faster." He answers me. I grin and start driving even more faster. 

"Hey, Silver, I don't think you're grasping the concept of the car chase here." Stiles tells me after a while. "If I go faster, he'll kill me. And then he'll kill you too." 

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!" I sigh but listen to him. Stiles looks out of the back window, "They're gone." He clicks on his police radio. It beeps before we hear voices. 

"All units, suspect is on foot heading into the iron works."  The sheriff says to his deputies. I nod and drive in that direction. I soon see Derek and stop next to him. Stiles moves next to Scott in the back and Derek runs towards the car while Argent shoots at him. I quickly drive away, a few bullets hit the car but hopefully do no harm. 

"What part of laying low don't you understand?" Scott yells at Derek annoyed, but also scared by my driving style. 

"Damn it! I had him!" Derek answers. "Who? The Alpha?" Stiles asks him. "Yes! He was right in front of me, and the freaking police showed up." 

"Hey, they're just doing their jobs..." Stiles starts but stops when Derek glares at him. "Yeah, thanks to someone who decided to make me the most wanted fugitive in the entire state." Derek glares at Scott. "For the second time." I add. 

"Can we seriously get past that? I made a dumbass mistake. I get it." Scott says back. "All right. How did you find him?" Stiles asks Derek. Derek shakes his head and ignores the question. "Der." I whisper in a low voice so only he can hear it.

And Scott probably too, since he's a werewolf. 

"Can you try to trust us for at least half a second?" Scott asks. 

"Yeah, all of us." Stiles says, but all Derek does is glare at him. "Or just them. I'll be back here." 

"Just trust me, Derek." I tell him before making a sharp turn. He glares at me before speaking. "Look, the last time I talked to my sister, she was close to figuring something out. She found two things. The first was a guy names Harris." 

"Our chemistry teacher?" Stiles interrupts. "Why him?" 

"I don't know yet." Derek answers. "What's the second?" Scott asks him. "Some kind of symbol." Derek unfolds a paper and shows the two boys in the back.

Scott sighs. "What? You know what it is?" I ask Scott.

 "I've seen it on a necklace. Allison's necklace." 

--

"This is going to be impossible, you know." Scott says to me and Stiles when we walk into the school. "Why don't you just ask her if you can borrow it? Silver, if I asked you if I could borrow your necklace, what would you say?" Stiles asks. "No." I tell him and cross my arms. "That's just weird."