13. Omega

It's been a few days since my father died. For some reason I'm not feeling like most people would. I'm kind of relieved, which is weird to say about your parents. But, it's better this way. 

Stiles' guest room has kind of changed into my room, the sheriff still doesn't trust Derek, neither do I, so he had no problem with me staying at their house. Stiles and I haven't really talked much, mostly because he wanted to give me space to think. And he's been at the hospital, making sure Lydia's okay.

Kate's funeral is in a few days, and maybe it's rude, but I'm glad that she's gone. I mean, she burned my family alive. Allison has been trying to get on my good side, but I just can't trust her, even though everyone is saying that she's different.

--

I look up when I hear a piercing scream, "Lydia?" I don't know how I knew that, but I jump out of the window and run as fast as I can towards the hospital. I see Scott climb in Stiles' Jeep. "Move!" I tell him and stop running. 

"What?" He asks me. "Move over, dumbass." I pant. He sighs but moves to the back. "I don't understand why I have to sit in the back." He says to me. "I mean I'm his best friend." 

"Yeah and I am... his friend who... kisses him?" I stammer confused, I don't even know what we are. 

"If I kiss him, will you move to the back?" He asks me and I laugh, "Nope, sorry Scotty." He sighs and looks at me. "Hey, when did you cut your hair?" He asks and points to my now short hair. 

"Few days ago." I answer

I can see Stiles walk towards us with Lydia's hospital gown. He gets in the car and gives it to me. "This is the one she was just wearing?" Scott asks. I sniff at it and cough at the strong scent of blood. "Yep." 

"We're not gonna let anyone hurt her." I say to Stiles when I see his worried face. "Not again." 

"Alright, just shove that thing in your face and lets find her." Stiles says. He starts the car and is about to drive away when Allison runs towards us. "Wow!" Allison walks towards my window. 

"What are you doing here?" Scott asks her. "Someone's gonna see us." 

"Who cares, she's my best friend, and we need to find her before they do." Allison tells him. "I can find her before the cops can." I tell her and cross my arms. 

"How about before my father does?" She asks me and raises her eyebrow. 

"He knows?" Stiles sighs. "Yeah, I just saw him and three other guys leave my house in two SUV's." '

"Search party." Scott mutters. "It's more like a hunting party." 

"Get in." Scott says. I sigh and open the door. She climbs in and sits next to Scott in the back. Stiles starts the car and drives away from the hospital.