17. Venomous

I bite my lip and watch Erica drag Jackson into our hiding place

I bite my lip and watch Erica drag Jackson into our hiding place. Isaac grabs Jackson's other arm and glares at him. Jackson looks at me and I look away. I don't agree with this plan, but my opinion doesn't count.

"What happened to you on the night of the full moon?" Derek asks Jackson. "What? Nothing. Nothing happened." Jackson answers and Derek looks up. 

"You're lying." Derek sighs and grabs a black glove. 

"'No, wait. No, wait, I can... I can prove it." Jackson stutters nervously when he sees Derek put on the glove. Derek looks at him, waiting for what he has to say.

"I taped myself." Jackson answers and I snort, "Seriously?" Isaac laughs too, "You taped yourself?" 

"Yes. It was the full moon. And maybe while you were curled in the corner having an existential crisis about turning into a monster, I was preparing for the so-called gift your big, bad Alpha promised me, and what did I get? Nothing. You want proof? Let me get the video." 

Derek gives a sarcastic smile, "No. No, I have a better idea." He grabs the glass with the Kanima's venom. 

"What is that?" Jackson panics when Isaac and Erica push him on the floor. Derek walks slowly towards them, "You know, Jackson, you've always been kind of a snake... and everyone knows a snake can't be poisoned by its own venom." Derek chuckles. Isaac opens Jackson's mouth and Derek lets the venom drip into his mouth. Jackson starts choking and falls on the ground, his whole body shaking. I take a step back in shock.

Derek sighs and walks towards Jackson, "You're still a snake, Jackson. Just not the one we're looking for." Derek walks away and Erica follows him. I just stand there not knowing what to do. I see Isaac walking towards Jackson and decide to leave the room too.

--

I sigh and stare at the board, I see Jackson walk into the classroom and give him an apologizing look but he ignores me and sits down behind Scott. "Hey, testicle left and right." Jackson whispers to them both sigh.

 "What the hell is a Kanima?" I can hear them turn around in their seats.

Coach slams his book on his desk. "All right, listen up. A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start their own study groups, because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult I'm not even too sure I could pass it. Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question. Who's got it, huh? Come on, let's go, buddy." He points at someone and I can hear Scott and Stiles talk to Jackson.

"Paralyzed from the neck down. Do you have any idea what that feel's like?" Jackson asks them. 

"I'm familiar with the sensation." Stiles tells him. "Wait... why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" Scott asks confused. "How should I know?"