21. Party Guessed

--

--

I wipe away the blood on my face and watch Derek open an old box with our family logo on it. I trace the triskele symbol on my necklace and sigh.

"What is that?" Isaac points at the sign on the box.

"It's a triskele. Spirals mean different things." Boyd speaks up, surprising us all. "Past, present, future. Mother, father, child."

"You know what it means to me?" Derek asks. I clear my throat - very loudly, and he sighs. "To us."

"Alpha, Beta, Omega?" Boyd guesses. 

"That's right. It's a spiral. Reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become Alphas, but Alphas can also fall to betas or even omegas." Derek explains and gets up.

"Like Scott?" Isaac asks him. "Scott's with us." Derek answers him.

"Really? Then where is he now?" Isaac asks him again.

"Looking for Jackson. Don't worry, he;s not gonna have it easy tonight either." I answer him and sit down on an old box. "None of us will."

"There's a price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal. But tonight you're gonna want to kill anything you can find." Derek says and gives one of the chains to Isaac.

"Good thing I had my period last week, then." Erica says and I snort, "Lucky you, I'm not so lucky." The boys give us disgusted glances, making us roll our eyes.

"Well, this one's for you." Derek says to Erica. He's holding something for on your head and I shiver, "I guess that's my sign to go. Good luck." I pat Derek's arm, making him glare, and get out of the building.

--

"Seriously, two parties in a row?" I groan and look at the dress I'm wearing. Lydia - who I haven't talked to in a while - suddenly gave it to me before spring break. Stiles laughs, "Not much of a party animal, I see."

"No, it's too crowded. My werewolf senses only make my anxiety worse." I say to him and watch him wrap a present.

"Isn't that a little too big?" I ask him and he turns around, looking confused. "The present. It's just... Lydia. I think whatever you're planning on giving her, she already has it. Twice."

He shrugs and continues wrapping. When he's done he walks towards his desk and starts going through one of those yearbooks. Again.

I sigh and sit down on his bed, before I can do anything his dad walks in. "Hey, watcha doing?" He asks Stiles.

"Homework." Stiles answers and doesn't even look up. His father walks away, before returning, "It's spring break. What do you think you're doing?" 

"I'm simply satisfying my own curiosity." Stiles answers. His dad sighs and closes the yearbook. "We brought Harris in this morning for questioning. They brought him in."