7. Heart Monitor

"You deleted it? You're such an idiot!" I groan and glare at Stiles. He sighs, "Whatever, it wouldn't help anyway. I mean, you already saw him, right?" He asks me and I nod, "Yeah, every time I close my eyes." Scott enters the classroom and Stiles lets out a frustrated sigh.

Yesterday at the parent/teacher thing a mountain lion attacked and the sheriff got hit by a car. Derek had just left when it happened, but Scott was there. Stiles is mad at him because he didn't help his father. 

Scott sits down behind Stiles and gives me a smile, I'm sitting next to Stiles and awkwardly wave at Scott. "Still not talking to me?" Scott asks Stiles, Stiles ignores him. Scott sighs, "Can you at least tell me if your dad is okay? I mean, it's just a bruise, right? Some soft tissue damage? Nothing that big?" Scott rambles. Stiles still doesn't answer. Scott looks at me, I shrug and awkwardly look at my book. 

"You know I feel really bad about it, right?" Silence. "Okay..." Scott lets out a deep sigh. "What if I told you that I'm trying to figure this whole thing out, and that I went to Derek for help?" 

"If I was talking to you, I'd say that you're an idiot for trusting him." Stiles answers and I roll my eyes, I learned to ignore their distrust towards my cousin. "But obviously I'm not talking to you." The bell rings and class starts. Stiles suddenly turns around. "What did he say?" Scott grins at him but only starts telling us when class is over.

--

"He want you to tap into your animal side and get angry?" Stiles asks Scott when we walk out of the class. "Yeah." 

"All right, well, correct me if I'm wrong, but every time you do that, you try to kill someone, and that someone's usually me." Stiles says. "I know. that's what he means when he says he does't know if he can teach me." Scott tells him. "I have to be able to control it." 

"Well, how's he gonna teach you to do that?" 

"I don't know, I don't think he does either." 

They both turn to me, I shrug, "I don't know either." 

"Okay, when are you seeing him again?" Stiles asks. "Just told me not to talk about it."  Scott says. "Not even to me?" I ask. He shakes his head, "Just act normal and get through the day." 

"When?" Stiles repeats. "He's picking me up at the animal clinic after work."  Scott answers this time.

"After work. All right, well, that gives me to the end of the school day then." Stiles says. "To do what?" I ask him curiously. "To teach Scott myself." Stiles says and walks away. Scott looks at me and I shrug, "I have no idea what he's planning to do." 

I sit down next to Stiles with my lunch, Scott in front of us with a book in front of him. "What's with the book?" I ask him. "Stay away from Allison." He mutters. Stiles rolls his eyes.  "I think the book's making it more obvious. Besides she's reading, anyway."