11. Formality

"Nothing's wrong, I just have a lot of my mind." Allison says to Lydia. Lydia asked me to join them to look for dresses, since the formal is on Friday. But, Allison has been giving me weird looks the whole time and I kind of have the feeling she knows. 

"You could smile, at least. Ever heard of the saying 'Never frown. Someone could be falling in love with your smile'?" Lydia says, making me snort, "Smile, Allison. You too, Silver. I'm buying you two a dress." Lydia says to us. 

"I have to admit, as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected." Allison tells her. 

"Excellent." I smile when I see Stiles standing by the parfums. 

"What's he doing here?" Allison asks. "He's not supposed to be here." I sight. They look at me, "Uh, because he's my date. Doesn't seeing the dress give bad luck?" I know it's not true, well the bad luck part. 

"No, that's with weddings. Unless you're planning on marrying whoever he is." Lydia says to me. I laugh, "No. Not yet." I feel my face grow red and walk towards him.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him. "Helping you. And keeping an eye on Allison." He answers. "You okay? You're blushing." 

I groan and grab his arm, "Just help me find something, see if it matches your tie, since people apparently care about that." He laughs, "Yeah, sure." 

We're looking through some dresses when I freeze. "You okay?" Stiles whispers. I turn around and see my father talk to Allison. I walk towards them, "Dad, what are you doing here?" I ask him and cross my arms, glaring at him. Allison looks shocked but tries not to show it. 

"Princess, I was just helping your friend here with finding a dress. Doesn't it match her beautiful skin?" He looks at the dress I'm holding. "That's beautiful, princess." 

"Attention shoppers, the owner of a blue Mazda, license plate 5UN I768. Your car is being towed..." 

"What? that's my car!" Allison runs out. I smirk at my father before walking back to Stiles. "Sorry." I put away the dress and look for another. 

--

"Wow, you look beautiful." Stiles says when I walk out of his bathroom. "Shut up." I say but my cheeks heat up. 

"He's not lying." I look up and see the sheriff look at us with a weird look in his eyes. I can feel that he's proud of his son. For what? Scoring a hot date?

I mean, I am cute.

"You kids have fun. Not too much fun, one Stiles is enough trouble." He winks at us before leaving. I laugh and look at Stiles, "Ready?" I adjust his tie.

"Yeah, ready." He smiles at me. I grab his hand and we walk downstairs. 

After we arrive at the dance, I smile at Lydia who gets out some jock's car. She grins at me before walking into Jackson. Stiles turns towards me, "Shall we?" He holds out his arm. 

"Yes, we shall." I laugh and we walk into the school. "You know, this is my first school dance." I tell him. "Really? You've never been to one?" He asks and I shake my head.

 "Well, let's make it a night you won't forget." He says and the music turns louder. I try to control my senses when we walk into the dance, I can hear every heartbeat, every thump of the music. I can smell everyone's emotions, happiness, jealousy, desire... the last one kinda makes me want to puke. 

"You alright?" Stiles asks me and squeezes my hand. I look at him, his soft brown eyes stare into mine and it's like everything around me stops. That sounds way too cheesy, but cheesy is good. 

"Yeah, but I would be much better if you would dance with me." He grins at my answer and I lead him to the dance flour.

I focus on his arms around my waist and mine around his shoulders. As long as I focus on him, everything is okay. I can hear coach yell for Scott, who's not allowed to be here, but still is, but I ignore it. A slow songs comes on and Stiles pulls me closer. "You know, just a few weeks ago you hated me." I say to him.

"I never hated you, I hated Derek, I just didn't trust you." Stiles says back. "And now?" 

"Well, I still don't like or trust Derek." I snort, "What about me?"

 "I trust you. And I like you." He says to me and I look at him.

At that moment, I feel like I'm in a cheesy romantic movie, 'cause you see scenes like this all the time. I lean in and kiss him. I can feel him freeze for a second before kissing me back. Our lips move slowly together like all the bodies around us. 

But it's soon interrupted by someone accidentally bumping into us. I open my eyes and see Lydia, "Sorry, have you seen Jackson?" I shake my head and she keeps walking. I turn back to Stiles and he awkwardly looks at me. 

"Should we follow her?" I ask him and he nods. We walk out of the room to see Jackson. "Where the hell have you been?" I ask him. "Did Lydia ever find you?" 

He looks at us. "What? What's wrong?" Stiles asks. "I was out behind the school, and I..." Jackson stammers. "I was out..." 

"What happened?" I ask him. "Jackson? What did you do?" But we both already knew what. 

The hunters know about Scott. 

--

"Run, Stiles!" I say to him. "Yeah, I don't have werewolf speed!" He pants. I can see the field. Lydia's standing on it and my father is walking towards her. 

"Lydia!" I yell at her. "Run! Now!" But it's too late. My dad bites her and she falls unconscious on the ground. I fall down on my knees next to her and my dad growls at me. I growl back and my blue eyes glow. His eyes widen slowly at the blue color but he doesn't say anything. Stiles falls down next to me. I push Stiles behind me, as if my wolf is trying to protect him.

"Don't kill her." He says. "Please." 

"Hmm... Of course not. Just tell me how to find Derek." 

I totally forgot about Derek. Derek ran into gunfire and has been MIA ever since, they probably kidnapped him. "What?" 

"Tell me how to find Derek Hale." 

"I don't know that. How would I know that?" Stiles panics. "We don't know where he is." I say to my dad. 

"Because you're the clever one, aren't you, Stiles?" My dad looks at him. "And because deception has a particularly acrid scent. Tell me the truth." We stay silent. "Or I will rip her apart. And if I do, it's your fault. And that means you would lose my daughter." 

"Look, I don't know, okay? I swear to god, I have no idea!" 

"Tell me!" My dad says in his Alpha voice. I push Stiles back and growl at my father, but crawl back when he starts growling even louder. "Okay, okay, okay, look. I... I think he knew..." 

"Knew what?" 

"Derek, I think he... I think he knew he was gonna be caught." 

"By the Argents?" 

"Yeah." 

"And?" 

"When they were shot, he and Scotty... I think he took Scott's phone." Stiles admits.

"Why?" My dad looks confused.

"They all have GPS now. So if he still has it and if it's still on... You can find him." 

A/N: Sorry for mistakes, I didn't have much time to edit.