19. Restraint

--

--

"We need to talk." 

Derek says and crosses his arms, his usual grumpy face is slowly fading. 

"About what?" I ask him, "And since when do you talk? I thought you only killed people lately?"

He looks away and sighs, "We need your help. All of you, we can't do this alone." 

"You try to kill our friend, who is innocent, and then ask for help?" I ask him and raise my eyebrow. "Yes- I..."

There were moments, sometimes Derek faded back to the Derek he was before the fire, or before Laura's death. Sometimes his voice sounded - not weak, but emotional. Sometimes the confident look in his eyes turned insecure. Laura and I were the only ones who usually saw it, after her death I was the only one.

He sits down on Stiles' bed and sighs. He looks tired - no, exhausted. "I'm sorry, Silver." He says and looks up. 

I bite my lip, my inner wolf is screaming at me to comfort him, I guess it still sees him as my pack. My Alpha. But I'm not sure if I can trust him.

"Promise me not to hurt my friends." I tell him. "I'll help you, but I don't know about the others, 'cause a few days ago Allison was aiming a crossbow at you head." 

He nods and gets up, he's about to walk out of the door when he stops. He grabs my arm and opens my hand, I jump slightly when something cold touches my skin. "Happy birthday." He mutters before he's gone.

I look at what he placed in my hand, it's a necklace. There's a spiral, just like the one on Derek's back. It's made of silver, making me laugh softly. I can hear his heartbeat when he drives away, it's steady, the whole time it was. He's speaking the truth. 

--

I'm walking through the hallways when I hear roaring. I see Erica standing by her locker, looking up too from the noise. It's obviously our werewolf hearing, because no one else is looking up. We share a look before quickly walking to where the sound is coming from.

Stiles is running towards us, "You can't tell Derek, okay? Oh, hi Silver. Erica, there's a lot more to this that you don't know." I look at him confused, not knowing what they're talking about. "And just because you got the Alpha bite makeover doesn't give you a license to go around destroying people."

"Why not?" She asks him and turns around. "That's all anybody ever used to do to me. I used to have the worst crush in the world on you. Yeah, you, Stiles. And you never once even noticed me. Exactly how you're not noticing me right now." She says when he looks away. I look at the ground and see water coming out from the boys locker room. 

That's probably what we heard.

The door suddenly opens and Scott falls on the ground, Jackson, only wearing shorts, hovers oer him and tries to attack him. Erica and I quickly pull Jackson off Scott and Stiles helps Scott get up.