Chapter 14

Kayla's P.O.V

It was now 10:47 pm.

I was planning to leave at 11.

I grabbed my jacket and put on my shoes. I fixed my hair and my makeup as my mascara was running because, yes, I was crying.

It was now 10:55.

I slowly opened my door and looked out to see if anyone was in the halls and luckily, there wasn't.

I silently walked to the door and slowly got out.

Once I got out, I quickly jogged across the street. I almost cried when I got to my destination.

I went to the side of the house and grabbed my phone out of my pocket.

I clicked on the contact and held the phone to my ear.

After 3 rings, it picks up.

"Kayla?!"

"Jack. Look out your window" I say on the verge of tears.

I hear the window open and see Jack's face.

"Kayla!" he whispers excitedly.

"Can I somehow get in?" I ask and he nods

"Go to the door"

I walk to the door and Jack opens it.

I immediately run into his arms, crying.

"Kayla, what happened?" he whispers and I can feel his hand run through my hair.

"Here, let's go to my room" he says and I nod.

We walk up, his arm wrapped around my waist and I've never felt more comfortable.

We get there and Jack closes the door and I once again wrap my arms around his neck.

"I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you. I love you so much" I cry into his shoulder.

"You...you love me?"

"I love you so much" I repeat and I hear him laugh of relief.

He wraps his arms tightly around me and we stay there in each other's embrace.

After a little, Jack grabs my face and looks in my eyes.

"What happened though?"

"Matthew. He hurts me. He-"

"What!" Jack interrupts me.

"Start from the beginning" he says and we end up sitting down on his bed.

I told him everything.

About how Matt told me to break up with Jack, to when Matt tried to have sex with me, till now.

"Babe. You don't have to do all that. I don't care what happens to me. I would rather have him beat the crap out of me than ever lose you again" he pulls me to lay down with him and wraps his arms around me.

I shake my head

"You don't get it. He will hurt not just only you but my friends and family. I promised myself I will make sure everyone I loved is safe. That includes you" I explain and he sighs.

"But you're hurting yourself. I love you too much to let you get hurt even more" he says.

"I can't stop now. I'm in too deep. If I leave him now, he's going to hurt everyone I love even more. I can't leave him now"

"Why no-"

"'Cause I can't! You need to understand and stop fighting with me about this" I beg and he sighs one more time.

"Fine. But I won't be able to stand one more minute without kissing you" he says and suddenly presses his lips against mine.

I missed kissing him so much. When he kissed me, I could tell he loved me.

When Matt kissed me, it was sloppy and he was just trying to have sex with me.

"I have an idea" I say leaning my forehead against his and he hums a 'what'.

"We could still see each other, but as a secret"

"This is going to be so cheesy" he laughs and kisses me one more time.
.

.

.

.

"Can we please hang out with my old crew at lunch for now on. I really miss them and they're starting to question things and you know what will happen" I beg Matt.

We were currently in the hall of school in between class of 2nd period and 3rd.

"Fine" he sighs and I smile.

"Thank you" I say and he grunts.

I walk off to my class and Jack was in this period so I was super happy.

I got into the class and sat in the back. The desks were in rows but it was two together.

After I sit, I see Jack enter the room and he immediately finds my eyes and smiles.

He walks over to me, hands in his pockets and sits next to me.

"Hey baby" he winks and I giggle.

"Hey baby" I mock him and he laughs.

The class starts and I hardly could listen because Jack would keep trying to distract me by drawing on my legs and stealing kisses on my cheek whenever nobody was looking.

"Stop" I whisper laugh and he silently chuckles and kisses my cheek one last time.

The bell rings and we head our separate ways.

I get to my boring next class and before I know it, its lunch.

I grab my food and sit at the table I've missed so much.

"Hey! Long time no see!" Violet says excitedly.

I feel an arm wrap around my waist and a kiss on my cheek and I can tell by the sloppy kiss it was Matt.

I silently sigh and I could see the rest of the gang become a bit sadder but I smile for them and they try to become a bit happier for me.

After 2 minutes, Jack joins us and sits across from me. My smile gets wider and I can tell the mood of the table gets a bit more energetic.

Throughout lunch, Jack would playfully kick me under the table and I would glare at him and he would end up winking and blowing a kiss to me when Matt wasn't looking.

"I love you" he mouths to me when Matt was talking to Walker.

I glance at Matt and look back at Jack.

"I love you too" I mouth back and he smiles widely.

I laugh a little and Matt looks at me.

"What happened" he says a little harshly.

"Oh, um, Jack just told me a joke" I tell him and Jack goes along.

"Yeah. Why do white girls walk in odd numbers? Cause they can't even!" Jack says and I start cracking up.

That was so cheeky.