Chapter 29

I woke up, white surrounding me and the sound of beeping in my ear.

I immediately sit up to look around in my surroundings.

I was in a hospital. But what's even worse than being in a hospital?

Not knowing if Jack was okay. Or not knowing where he was.

Is he dead?

Oh my god, why did I think that!

I started to slowly hyperventilate, the heart monitor increasing. Someone barged into the door, sushing me and cradling me in their arms.

My eyes were closed tight and my breathing became slower as my brain cleared up and realized who was cradling me.

"Jacob, where's Jack?" I almost sob.

"He's in another room, don't worry. He's fine"

"Define fine, Jacob!" I spat out.

"He has a broken wrist, he had a slight concussion but he's fine now. Um...he has a broken nose too" he says and I shake my head in my hands.

"This is all my fault" I sob.

"No it isn't, Kayla. It was no one's fault. It was an accident-"

"I mean that everything's my fault. He got arrested and beat up, he got kidnapped and beat up again and now he's here in the hospital all because of me, Jacob!" I stammer,"all because of me" I whisper and Jacob sighs.

"Nothin is your fault, Kay" I shook my head and I laid back into the hospital bed.

"Can I be alone for moment, Jacob" I rub my temples and he nods.

I just think. I didn't have much time to think though, because the doctor came in and ran some tests.

"You can leave anytime, Ms. Jacobs" she says nicely and I nod.

Jacob comes in to help me out when I stop him by sitting on the bed.

"Jacob?" I ask and he looks at me and hums a 'yeah'.

"How come you're here. You left a week ago and you're here now"

"Vi called me and I immediately got a flight here. I love you Kayla. I can't leave you here in the hospital without someone to comfort you. You're like my sister" he says looking in my eyes.

"The sister I've always wanted" he pats his chest and looks up, trying to enlighten the mood.

"I love you, too, Jacob" I say getting up and stumbling, remember I had a bandage wrapped around my knee because I sprained it a bit.

Jacob grabs my arms to hold me up and I give him a big hug.

"Can I visit Jack now" I mumble into his shirt and I feel him nod.

We start walking to the room which was around the corner of where my room was.

We enter the room and I see Jack there, clicking on the remote to change the channel. I quickly walk to him and once he sees me, he opens his arms for me and I hug him.

"How are you" he asks frantically and I look at him like he was crazy.

"How am I? More like how are you!" I say and kiss his cheek, then his forehead and then above his lips.

"Please just kiss me" he whispers and I kiss his lips.

"Jacob can I have a moment with her please" Jack asks politely and Jacob nods, leaving the room.

"Do you need anything?" I grab his hand and he closes his eyes.

"I need you kiss me and lay down with me and call me baby and say you love me and kiss me again and-"

"Ok ok I get it" I smile and lay down with him, wrapping my arms around his torso lightly and my leg on too of his. I kiss the corner of his lips and he opens his eyes to look at me.

"I'm sorry" I whisper and he scrunches his eyebrows at me in confusion.

"Kayla, there's nothing to be sorry for. For all I know, it was my fault for distracting you! Kayla, don't blame yourself" I shake my head an before he spoke again

"Just shut up" I whisper and he sighs, wrapping an arm around me.

I lay my head on his chest, grasping onto his shirt as if he was going to leave me.

I closed my eyes, breathing in and out through my nose.

I felt his hand go under my shirt and lightly trace circles against my hip.

I let out a sigh. A very shaky sigh.

I look at his face and there was a cut on his lip and a bandage sort of thing on his nose.

I bring one of my hands up to his face and onto his cheek bone, rubbing my thumb lightly against his cheek ad he just looked at me, into my eyes.

"I love you, Kayla" he brings one of his hands on my cheek before kissing me softly.

I feel him bring more pressure into the kiss and my hands goes up a little, into his hair and start playing with the small hairs at the neck.

"Guys, the doctor says-" we separate from the kiss and see Jacob at the door with a small bag chips he was eating from.

"I came in at the wrong time didn't I" he asks nervously and I laugh while resting my head against Jack's chest.

"Um...well I just wanted to tell you guys that the doctor said that Jack can leave anytime. His mom came by quickly and signed both of you out already cause she had to go to work quickly and yeah" he scratches the back of his head.

"Ok, well," I look at Jack while sitting up,"lets go home"