Chapter 26

After about an hour of being questioned, Jacob took all of us home.

I sat in the back, leaning against Jack as he wrapped his arms around me.

Yeah, I know that's practically almost all he does but it's hard to understand.

~Flashback~

"I just miss them Jack" I cry into my hands.

I mean I'm only 14, I shouldn't have to go through all of this.

Both of my parents going into the army, leaving me with my aunt.

They left yesterday so I went to Jack's.

"I know you do. I honestly don't know what to do though" he grabbed my knee.

"I just need someone to hold me and tell me everything's going to be ok" I look in his eyes.

He gets up from the side of his bed, walks towards where I was, picking me up lightly and moving me more to the side. He sits next to me and wraps his arms around me as I cry in his chest.

"Everything's going to be ok. I'm going to be with you. Always" he says shushed.

"Whenever?" I sob holding out my pinky.

"Forever" he connects our pinkies, resting our hands on his lap.

"I love you, Kayla" I hear him whisper before my eyes close and I whisper

"I love you, too, Jack"

~End of Flashbak~

He knew that the best way to comfort me was to hold me in his arms.

Especially his arms.

Turns out we were a few cities away from our own town so it took us about 2 1/2 hours to get home.

We dropped Walker off and went to my house. I settled Jacob in our guest bedroom that was next to my room.

I went to my room and took a bubble bath to relax my sore muscles that were beaten.

Once I settled in, I laid my head in the side of the tub when I heard a knock on my bathroom door.

"It's Jack" I heard the muffled voice.

"Come in" I say closing my eyes again and relaxing back.

"Are you alright?" Jack says, closing the door behind him and sitting on the closed toilet.

"Sore. Really sore" I sigh and open my eyes to look at him.

"How about you" I ask.

"About same" he replies, running his hands through his hair.

I look down and then back up at him through my eyelashes.

"Wanna join me" I say quietly and his lets out a dry chuckle before stripping off his clothes.

I scooted forward a bit so that he could rest behind me, me settling in between his legs. I rest my head on his chest and he brings his hand to my hair, playing with it.

"I've never been so comfortable in a long time" he says softly and I smile, closing my eyes.

I feel his lips press to the back of my head. I start moving my hands along the puffy bubbles in the bath because for some damn reason those were very interesting to me.

I see Jack's two large hands in front of me, grabbing some bubbles.

Before I knew it, it was also all over my face.

"Jack!" I yell quietly.

I feel his chest vibrate as he chuckles. He kisses my cheek and we just relax our muscles in the bath.

After a half an hour, we decide to get out. I agreed because my fingers and toes started to get pruned so I felt like it was time.

I grabbed a pair of sweats and a sweater (that I later realized was Jack's).

While Jack got dressed with the extra clothes he had in my bedroom, I walked to Jacob's room.

I peeked in to see Jacob sound asleep.

I walked up to his sleeping figure. I brought the blanket closer to his neck and kissed his forehead.

"Love you" I whispered smiling.

"I love you too" I hear him whisper back and I quietly laugh.

"You dork" I smile and kiss his cheek.

"Goodnight" I laugh, heading out of the guest room.

"Good night" I hear his tired voice as I close the door.

I walk to my room and Jack was cuddled in the sheets of my bed.

I take the other side of the bed after turning the lights off and Jack turns to face me and wraps his arms around my waist as I snuggled in his chest.

"Goodnight" I say quietly.

"Goodnight" I hear his reply before falling asleep.

**************************
Short, filler chapter guysssssss

QUESTION OF THE DAY: What are you reading this on?

Computer? or mobile?

VOTE

COMMENT

FAN

FOLLOW

SHARE