Chapter 3: Monsters want to be loved too!

It was a day. This time, she was out there, hunting in the middle of the day. However, she now wore different clothes. She was dressed all in black with her swords hanging on her back, her guns were attached to her hips and four knives were tugged in her thigh holster. But now, She wore a black jacket with a giant cap over her head and with a blue mask to cover her face.

Only her eyes were not covered. She sure as hell hoped that no one will recognize her and that she will be able to control herself this time. She can't let Sebastian or anyone else find out who she really is. Well, anyone else but Imelda. She already knew that.

Why is she even thinking about her?

No one saw her get out of her home and go to the woods, because her house was on the entrance to the woods. Astrid smirked as she walked through the woods and she could already feel herself being tracked. She pretended not to notice anyone follow her, but she knew there were at least four hunters behind her.

In case you are wondering how is she being followed so quick, it is because this is the Hunters' Woods. And they hated when someone crossed onto their territory as much as werewolves hated when someone crossed their pack border.

Astrid took one of her knives from her thigh holster and quickly threw it at the man that was now on her right side. She heard him make a gagging noise and she saw that the knife went right in the middle of his neck. She smirked as she saw him fall to the ground with pool of blood sorrounding him. She took her knife and looked up to see three more hunters standing there.

Two of them had crossbows and one of them had a sword. Astrid smirked as she quickly threw two other, bigger knives at the hunters and she watched as it went directly into their chest. They tried to get it out of them, but they soon fell on the ground the same way the hunter before them did.

Dead. Dead. Dead.

She looked at the third hunter and she smiled when she saw him look nervous as he attacked her with his sword. He tried to stab her but she dodged his blows as she took out her two giant swords. As she was taking them out, he managed to give her a cut on her right forearm. She gasped a little and she saw him smirk. Astrid used his not paying attention and she slit his throat out.

He made a gagging sound and fell on the ground as he joined his other three fallen friends. They must have been new on this job since she took them out that easily. Astrid remembered that there is a lake near by and she started walking towards it. She started getting tired and then she couldn't even see properly anymore. Few more minutes have passed and she was now standing in the river as she fell on her knees. Astrid started sweating and she took off her mask so that she could be able to breath. She threw the mask behind her, onto the ground and gasped in pain as she washed her wound in the river. What was on that sword that is making her feel like this?

"Astrid." She heard a voice say and she looked around but saw no one. She shrugged and continued cleaning her arm when she heard the voice again. Astrid looked up and this time she saw a person standing infront of her. Not just any person, but the very person she lost years ago. How is this even possible?

"Barin..." She gasped as she looked at her older best friend. The boy she called her brother. Brother she couldn't protect. He smiled at her. Oooh how she has missed his smile, his brown eyes and brown hair. She has forgotten how he looked like. She was ashamed to say that, but she was starting to forget what he looked like. She felt tears come to her eyes and she stood up to get a better look at him. She forgot that she had a wound she needed to treat. All she saw now was her brother. Her dead brother. How is he here?

"Astrid. Come with me. Let me explain to you how am I here." She heard him say and he offered her his hand. He is her brother. He wanted her to come with him. He wanted to tell her how was he here. So, she followed him. She went to take his hand, but he seemed to be getting away from her. So, she hurried over to him when she suddenly felt someone take her by the hand and get her out of water. She went to yell and kick the person, but Barin had now dissapeared and Imelda stood infront of her.