Chapter 14: Pegah Maya Demetre, the Goddess of Death

Some people have a choice. Some don't. Some people isolate themselves all on their own, because they no longer want to know anyone. And some people are forced into the isolation. Some people do it unknowingly. And some people do it knowingly. Some deserve to be isolated. Some do not. So many people were victims of kidnappings and many other crimes which forces them into the self isolation. However, there is a different group of people when it comes to isolation. A group which must be isolated from the outside world in order for the world to be safe and protected.

Astrid Hecate Haad belonged in that group of people. She had to be kept in the dungeon in order for everyone else to be safe. However, everything she had done in the past decade. She did not see it as a wrong doing. Not until now and that made her dangerous. Astrid used to think that she was the victim of her own mind, but she was anything but that. Two days she had spent in the dungeon. Just the two days and she was already slowly going insane. Astrid was battling herself now. She knew now that what she had done was wrong and she should have never done something like that, but at the same time....she saw the point in what she was doing.

Imelda had been going insane and yelling, threatening even, Sebastian. But he made sure that she would know her place. He was the King after all and no Immortal was going to take their rage out on him. Not only did he have to worry about Astrid and her punisher coming to collect her that day, but he had to worry about Elois too. The soulmate that just popped back into his life while clearly not remembering who he was.

Then once Sebastian signed some papers he left his office and walked outside and went down to the dungeons to personally give the guards their orders. Usually, Daetrin was his personal guard, but ever since they caught Astrid the boy had been spending every second of every day infront of her dungeons making sure no one will try to help her escape. Once Sebastian arrived there he told Daetrin to bring her up in about thirty minutes and the boy nodded his head. Then, Sebastian went back down the hallways and to the living room where Imelda, Enfys, Kaleb and Gehenna were sitting.

Imelda was obviously nervous and wanted more than anything to help and save Astrid from it all, but she could not. Astrid told her not to and she will respect her wishes. No matter what the wish is. Even if she didn't agree with it.

"If anything goes wrong. If they do to her anything that was out of the deal, I will personally kill the rest of the hunters." Imelda said through her teeth and Kaleb sighed. Sure, he no longer trusted her or wanted to regain her trust in him. That however did not stop him from thinking how much what he did to her changed her. Five hundred and eighty three years ago. He broke her down. He is the one who made her become what she is today. Well, he is one of them. But she is also the one who played big part in what he had become. Because after all, no one is born evil. They are made evil. The world, the life twists and breaks us to the point where we no longer know what good looks like.

"You have no say in this. Do remember that you are sitting in my home, while you demand things that you are not allowed to. I could make you go on a trial too, but I am not doing it, am I? Because we both know you made a deal with my mother five hundred years ago which is why no one ever got up against you. That however does not mean that I will let you talk to me that way." He said and looked her directly in the eyes and she looked away.

Then she looked at Kaleb as if to ask him for support but then she remembered that she lied to him just like he lied to her, she betrayed him just like he betrayed her. She looked at Gehenna and remembered that she left her all alone when Gehenna needed her the most. She looked at Enfys and remembered how she tricked him into joining the Rainbow Wolf pack and with it she took all of his freedom away and it took him hundreds of years until he broke free again.