Chapter 7: They were afraid of her!

It was the day. The day when Imelda and Astrid had to start their trip. Trip to the Royal Grounds in Australia. It will take them 2 or 3 days to get there in time. They have to go to Somalia and there they will have to go to Australia with the ship. The ship ride is twenty five hours long. But getting to Somalia is what is making Astrid worried. She remembers the forrest she had to go through and the lake she had to cross to get where she is right now. Astrid has been in Norway for about 2 to 3 years. The day that Astrid arrived there was bloody. It took her weeks for her healing factor to trigger itself. It took Astrid weeks to heal herself from all the venom.

And right now, she is sitting on the grass as she waits for Imelda. Astrid looked at the river before her and she wondered how powerful does a person have to be to curse one whole river? One whole forrest? Astrid remembers all the things she has done in the past ten years. When Astrid left the Royal Grounds she was just 20, but now she is 30 years old. However, werewolves can live longer than humans can and their skin doesn't become wrinkled. Astrid remembered what Sebastian told her about the person that has been hunting hunters. They had clues. Astrid just hoped that they won't figure out that she is the one that has been killing the hunters. Now when Astrid thinks about it all she curses her name and herself for doing what she did. Astrid had no right to kill another human being. She had no right to seek justice for the death of her brother, not from people who had nothing to do with it. She had no right to decide who lives and who dies. She had no right to decide who to kill. She can be happy that she hasn't pissed Death off yet. Death is patient, silent and understanding but even his understanding and patience has it's end. And the moment anyone tries to manipulate him is the moment they die.

When Astrid left the Royal Grounds she was just a stupid kid who never harmed anyone except in war. But now, her hands are drenched in blood. Astrid feels the need to cry as she remembered all of the tears from the people she killed. She remembered them pleading for their life. She remembered them begging to leave them alone and she didn't. Astrid killed them and then she killed their families as well, so that no one will come after her. She made sure that she will be able to do all of those terrible things. To some she gave quick death. To some she gave slow and painful death. Astrid has no right to be terrified of the consequences for what she has done for she knew what she was doing. Astrid deserves to be punished. She deserved to be executed for what she has done.

And then Astrid heard branches break and her insticts reacted. She took out her sword and got to her feet. Astrid put the sword in front of herself, ready for a fight but then she saw who it was. Imelda stood infront of her with her hands raised as if to show Astrid that she was not the threat. Astrid rolled her eyes and she attached the sword back to her hip. Astrid took the bag that was on the grass and she put it on her back. Astrid looked at Imelda who also had a bag across her shoulder and she motioned for her to follow her and she did. They ware meeting there and not at her apartment for a reason. Astrid knew better than to let an Aswang into her home.

"So, do you know where do we have to go first or? I know a way. If you want I can lead us." She said and she waited for Astrids' answer patiently. She was still mad at her for not telling her the truth at the beginning, but now was not the time to think about that. They had to get to Royal Grounds as soon as possible and they will have to use a shortcut. A dangerous one.

"We have to be at the Royal Grounds as soon as possible and because of that we will have to use a shortcut. A dangerous one." Astrid said and she took in a deep breath as she remembered how did she come to Norway. It's the reason why she was in Norway for so long. The shortcut was so dangerous that Astrid didn't want to return unless needed. And right now it was needed.

"Okay. Which shortcut are we using?" She asked Astrid suspiciously. If she learned anything from her in the past few months that they knew each other it is that Astrid can do some dumb things. But there was no time for over thinking it all. The war is coming and they need to get to the King as soon as possible.