Chapter 17: Rhaegos's coming!

It was her third day there now and the knife was still in her leg. She thought about getting it out, but she knew she would bleed to death if she did so. And Astrid did not want Pegah to have to pay for that too. She did not want to ruin the girls' life even more than she already did. Plus, she wanted to be able to see her brother one last time before she gives up. She thought about Imelda too. She thought about her a lot. She hated herself for being a coward and not kissing her before she came to Hunters' home. She hated herself for not admiting how she felt towards her, she hated herself for not trying to show her how much she cared about her. All Astrid could think right now was how she wanted to be on that cursed lake again. She just wanted to be away from all the drama, with Imelda. And while she sat there, with a knife still in her led, Imelda was going insane. She was slowly losing her mind in Sebastians' office as she begged Sebastian to let her help Astrid. Kaleb, Enfys and Gehenna along with Elois were in the office too.

"Please, let me save her from there. I will take her and we will move, we will never again bother anyone around us. Just let me help her." She begged as she paced around the room. Everyone in that room knew that she was slowly losing her cool.

"I can not do that. She committed a crime and she must pay for it. You should be happy that I did not sentence her to die." He said in a calm voice as Elois sat beside him. And Imelda could not help but ask herself, how can he be so calm when his sister is out there somewhere, being tortured by the hunters?

"That is even worse. Everyone knows that you should never put a Haad and a Demetre together in one room!" She yelled and then she turned around to face Elois who was looking at her with his eyes void of any emotion.

"And you.. How can you just sit here when your sister is being tortured by the Hunters? By the Demetre? Did at least one of you study their history?" She yelled and then Elois raised an eyebrow. Sebastian went to answer for him, but Elois stopped him. Everyone seemed to forget that Imelda was alive when the battle between the Purple Wolves and Dragons happened. She had every right to be mad. The battle was the biggest battle she ever had to witness. The extinction of almost all the witches, the extinction of dragons. The almost destruction of the whole world.

"Astrid committed a crime and no matter how much it hurts me to know what she is going through right now I must remain neutral. And unbiased. She did it all to avenge me, but she never for a second stopped to think if I wanted any of it." He said and Imelda laughed out loud as she spun to look at all of them and to see them all agreeing with him.

"I thought that you were the Bloody Phoenix everyone feared. You don't look so scary to me. You do not exactlly look like a Sinclair that I heard so much about." She said and in the next second Elois was right infront of her with his orange eyes looking right through her. He heard Sebastian and Enfys complain and tell them to calm down, but they shut up soon.

"Yes I am a Sinclair. And yes, that is what they called me. Do you wish to know why? Not because I went around killing the innocent, but because I was killing the guilty ones. Without any mercy. Do you want me to show you how I did it? I suggest not for you will soon see why everyone fears me anyways. There is still war to be fought and then you will learn why everyone fears the Sinclairs.You will learn why everyone fears me." He asked and Imelda for the first time felt intimidated. The two people she could never defeat. The Red Wolf and the Phoenix. Not when they are the soulmates. She shook her head and he smiled satisfied with her answer as he turned around to sit on his chair next to Sebastian.

"Let me do something. Let me help her somehow." She said and this time Kaleb spoke up.

"Let it go, Imelda. You can not help her. This is the fight she has to go through alone." He said and Imelda scowled.