Chapter 4: They can never know!

After what happened yesterday with Imelda, they made a deal. From now on, they would meet at the cafe near the woods and talk about Moon Goddess, about the Moon. And they will find a way to break Imeldas' curse. Even though Astrid liked Imelda, she did not trust her enough to invite her to her home.

She is an Aswang. No matter how much Astrid likes her, she is the Torgunna. The very person everyone fears. Person that made Kaleb tremble in fear at the sound of her name. After all, as soon as someone finds out that she is an Aswang, she would have to kill them.

And she did. She killed everyone who knew who she was, except for Astrid. For whatever reason it is, she left Astrid alive. Astrid took her phone and she put it in her back pocket and was ready to go out. But not before she took a few knives with her and hid them in her pockets of her jacket.

Then, she walked out of her house and she walked down the street for about ten minutes, before she saw the cafe where they would meet. The name was 'Isak's Cafe'. She walked inside of the cafe and then she saw Imelda already sitting at the table close to the doors. Astrid walked towards her and she sat down. Astrid greeted her and then the waiter came and took her order. She ordered a black coffe and then she looked at Imelda.

"Okay, so. What do we know about Moon Goddess so far? I mean, I thought she was dead. I thought Fate killed her few years ago." Astrid said and she watched as Imelda smirked. What she has learned about her in the past week is that Imelda knows much more than any book she has read. She knows everything about everyone.

"Fate can't kill her. Sure, Moon Goddess was stealing her power, but she can not kill her, because in order to steal Fate's power she had to steal someone else's power first. Power of the Moon. The only person that can kill her is the Moon." Imelda said and Astrid nodded her head slowly and she said nothing, because the waiter brought her her coffe. Astrid said thanks and turned back to Imelda.

"Okay. She can only be killed by the Moon. And if she dies, everything she has ever created dies as well, including your curse. That is what we know so far. What do you know about the Moon?" Astrid asked her and she sighed. She knew that there was nothing about the Moon in any of the books, because no one believed in him. She waited for her to speak and as she waited she took a sip of her coffe.

And why did no one believe?

"The reason no one believes the Moon in person exists or can come to stand on our land is, because he never interfered in our Fate even though he could. All he gave us is the name of our soulmate on our wrists and that will disappear once Fate is back on her power. But ever since Moon Goddess has come to power the names are gone, even the name that I carried with me for decades is gone. " Imelda said and Astrid nodded her head as she listened carefully to everything Imelda said. They needed to gather as much information about her as possible.

"So, do you have any idea what happened with the Moon? How did she take his power?" Astrid asked her because let's be honest here, she had no idea. She didn't know half of the things she was telling her. Astrid was willing to help, she just knew nothing right now.

"I know that the Moon is alive. She can't kill him, otherwise his power would die with him and she would be powerless. Plus, that would only happen if she could find a way to kill him and she can not. The Moon is the definition of immortality. " Imelda said and looked Astrid directly in the eyes. She nodded her head...again, as she waited for her to continue speaking and she did.

"I met the Moon about... thousand years ago. Moon Goddess, her real name is Dany Rhaegos. We were good friends back then. We always had each others back, until we met him, the Moon. He became our friend as well, we were the dynamic trio. We did everything together. Everything was fine until she confessed to me that she loved him. Few days later on and he told me he liked me. I didn't like him that way tho." Imelda said as she told her to continue telling her story. Astrid needed to know everything in order for her to come up with a plan.