Chapter 8: Wake up!

25 hours. That is how long it takes to get to Australia by the ship. One whole day they had to travel. And when the night came they both fell asleep. At least, that is what Astrid thought. In the moment she was way too tired to think about anyone else. And she completely forgot that Imelda does not sleep. Aswangs do not sleep. They hunt at night. But that is not the main reason as to why couldn't the 2000 years old Immortal sleep. A part of her was a vampire and vampires don't sleep. Never. Imelda may be over 2000 years old Immortal but even she has trouble controling her power and impulses.

And then the night came and her need for blood came to the surface. She wanted more than anything in the world to be completely in control, but she wasn't which is what made her dangerous. She saw Astrid fall asleep and she knew then that it is safe to get out of their room. Imelda opened the doors, while being careful not to wake Astrid up. The Purple Wolf needed to rest. So, Imelda went outside and sat outside. She watched the sea and immediatelly felt saddened by it. And then the old anger rose back from the ashes deep down inside her. Kaleb Smithson, or is it Kaleb Smith now? She wondered. Whatever name he chose, she did not care.

No matter how much he changed, it didn't matter to her. None of that mattered. He betrayed her, he wronged her and one day she will make him pay for everything he has done. She trusted him and he destroyed her. He was one of the reasons as to why did she become what she became. She didn't even realize she was scratching hard and deep into her right hand. She looked down at her palm and saw blood coming out of the wounds she made. She watched as the blood went onto the floor and then she felt someone tap her on her shoulder.

She turned around in order to see who it was and saw the man from earlier. Mikael was his name if she remembered correctly. Imelda did not like the man. He made a bad comment about her earlier that day. He maybe did not intend it to sound so rude but it was. She just turned back around as he sat beside her.

"I wanted to say sorry. I mean... I didn't say anything to you directly, but I did make a comment about you earlier." The man had said and she just nodded her head as she kept digging nails into her skin. That was the only way to make sure that she would not attack anyone. That she would not spill any blood that night. In order not to do that she had to spill her own.

"It is fine." She said without as much as looking at the man as she spoke. He sighed then as she kept looking at the sea. She had no intention on talking with anyone that night. She just wanted to make sure that her mind was calm and silent and this man surely wasn't making her feel calm or secure. Not at all.

"Look, I really am sorry. I didn't want it to come out like that." He said again as he looked at her in expectation. She looked away from the sea in order to look at the man and looked him dead in the eye.

"Like I said, it is fine." She repeated again and then she looked back at the sea. What she didn't know is that for a second there she lost control and her real eyes were shown. The black eyes of an Aswang. The man gasped.

"Your eyes. They...They're black. I've never seen anyone with that kind of eyes.... What are you?" He asked as he leaned closer in order to look her in the eyes as she turned back around. She looked at him with no emotion and then she saw one of the veins pop on his neck and she sighed.

She will not murder Astrid's friend.

"An Aswang." She said with no hesitation, hoping that that would make him back the hell off, but it didn't, because he didn't believe her and because Imelda forgot to use her power to see what he is, what kind of a vampire is he.

"Naah. I don't think you are. You don't look like you can cause enough harm to be someone as dangerous as an Aswang." He said and her eyes became black again as she stopped scratching her hand.