Chapter 5: The truth behind their feelings

Astrid woke up to another slap. She shook her head a little bit and looked around. She was in the cell, again. She looked at her hands and she saw that they were in the silver chains, along with her legs. Astrid sighed as she looked back up at the man who woke her up with a slap.

She tried to move but she couldn't. Astrid was still in pain because of all that electricity going through her body. She sighed as the man put her to sit on the chair in the middle of the cell. She felt blood go through her nose and Astrid sighed once again. Her clothes were dirty and so were her boots.

Let's not even start talking about her face, hair or her hands. Astrid looked the man directly in the eyes with rage evident in hers. She hated him. She did not know his name, but she did know that he was the hunter and she hate hunters. Astrid wondered how long has she been asleep and the man smirked.

"You've been asleep for a week." He said and Astrid closed her eyes as she took in a deep breath. One week. She has been here for one whole week. Sebastian is going to go insane. He will figure it all out. He will find out who she is and then she is doomed.

Astrid looked around just to see if there were any windows so that she could run away. But there was no way out beside the doors where stood two armed guards. Great.

"Why am I here? What do you want from me?" Astrid asked the hunter and she could feel her anger only raising more and more. If he kidnapped her in order to find out how was the Phoenix killed, he had another think coming. She will not reveal the secret. She will never tell them. Never.

"You know why you are here. You knew Elois Barin Smith very well. You called him your brother. Now... What I want to know is how did he die? He was the Phoenix; what killed him?" The hunter asked as he kneeled infront of her. She smirked as she looked up to meet his eyes. She will never reveal it. She will never tell them the secret of her dead brother and his soulmate, her King.

"I will never tell." Astrid said and he got even angrier if possible. He put his hand in a fist and he hit Astrid directly in the face. She groaned in pain but she just looked back up at him and repeated the words. He hit her again and again and again.

If he thought that pain would make Astrid spill the beans, he was wrong. She will never, no matter the cost, reveal Sebastians secret. The secret of Elois' death.

"I was kidnapped before. They wanted to know the same thing.... You know what happened to those hunters? They are all dead now." Astrid said and he looked at her with a smile plastered on his face. He crounched infront of her again and he pulled her closer to him by her hair.

"I know all about it. We all know. I know you befriended the Torgunna and I know the reason why. I know that she'll come to rescue you. But if you won't tell me what I want to know then I'll just have to kill her infront of you. " He said and Astrid tensed a little bit before she put on her best poker face. Astrid looked at him with no emotion in her eyes or on her face.

"What makes you think that she'll come for me?" Astrid asked and he looked at her in disbelief before he looked at her wrists and smirked while murmuring something. Astrid looked at her wrists, while she asked herself what the hell could be so interesting about them.

"Trust me when I tell you, she won't let anything happen to you. Plus, I am a Dagobert. She will want to meet me. Plus, I have something she'll need to break the curse." He said and her eyes widened in surprise at the revelation of his name. Imelda won't come. She knows that, but if she does, she will kill him without blinking. Plus, the Dagoberts' have the last piece of stone that Imelda needs to break the curse.

" She won't come. I helped her find out how to break the curse, that is all. She will not come. Plus, why the hell do you think I care?" Astrid asked him and he smirked while another hunter passed the cell and walked in another. Soon after that, Astrid heard screaming. She closed her eyes and she shook her head to clear her mind.

"We spied on the two of you. We saw the way you look at her and we saw the way she looks at you. It doesn't take a genius to figure out a few things." He said and Astrid looked even more confused if possible. He took out his phone and wrote something to someone before he sent it. Then he turned back around to face Astrid and once he saw the look on her face he smiled.

"You still don't understand, do you? Torgunna is not interested in you because she needs your help. She wants you close because you are her weakness. You are the one she has been looking for for centuries.You are her soulmate." Dagobert that stood infront of me said that and Astrid looked at him confused before she shook her head in disbelief. Astrid was really upset about all of this. She just couldn't even think that it may be true.

Not because she didn't want her as her soulmate. But because Imelda didn't tell her, if this was the truth.

"That's not true. I- I already had a mate. I... I-I can't be...." She muttered in disbelief and Dagobert laughed in her face as he looked at her. He found all of this amusing. Well, Astrid did not. However, if he thought that by revealing this to her was going to make Astrid spill the beans, he was wrong again. Very wrong.

"It is true. We knew that the Torgunna is cursed for years now and because of the Curse of the Moon, the Curse that the Moon Goddess put on her you were unable to recognize her and that is why you have no name on your wrist. A few supernaturals have the name of their soulmate on their wrist since the day they are born. For Example, Roza Wolves, Warlocks, Purple Wolves and Aswangs. However, The Goddess is punishing Torgunna by giving her this curse. By giving her the soulmate that will not recognize her. Your mate, as you call him, was just a distraction created by the Moon Goddess. So, you see, when I tell you that the Torgunna will come, I mean it. It is not a lie for she will come. She would never let you die." Dagobert left the cell after that, but not before throwing Astrid at the nearest wall.

Her back hit the wall and Astrid slid down to the floor. She sat against the wall with her chains still around her. Sure, they were burning her skin but Astrid didn't care right now. She pulled her legs up and Astrid put her head on her knees as she started thinking about what the hunter said.

It did make sense, she did feel a tiny bit connection with her. But Astrid felt nothing with Damien. She just couldn't understand why did she think that she needed to hide it from Astrid. Why did she lie? Astrid felt the dirt burn on the wounds on her wrists and on her face from how many times the Dagobert has punched her.

Astrid thought that there is only one thing that is good about all of this. He still didn't know that she was the wolf that was killing the hunters. It was good that way, otherwise she would be dead already. Astrid needed to get out of there. She can't just sit around and wait to be rescued. She doesn't need to be rescued by anyone. She rescues herself. She will get her strength back and Astrid will run away from here. She will break out of this cell, of this prison they put her in. And once she does get out, she will make him pay for every slap, every hit, every punch he or anyone else from his crew threw at her.

*Here it is guys. Next chapter will be more about Imeldas. I hope you will like it and I hope you will stay with the book.

VOTE;
COMMENT AND MAYBE
SHARE?*