Chapter 16: Secret Villain!

Few hours have passed since Astrid was put in her prison cell designed just for her. For eight years Pegah has studied Purple Wolves and Astrid herself. She trained non stop and then she became the best of the best. Astrid did not know what she was creating eight years ago. She had no idea that she was turning an innocent girl into a monster. However, Pegah never forgot. She was ten at the time and was hiding under the couch in the living room. She was so small that she could hide anywhere and that time, she chose the worst place as her hiding spot.

She watched as some unknown woman marched into her house without knocking or ringing the bell. She heard the screams and saw it all happen. First it was her mom who fell onto the floor choking on her blood. And as Pegah was crying her mom looked at her little girl and mouthed to her "Be quiet!" and she listened. Second was her father who fell right beside his wife and the love of his life.

And third was her big brother who just happened to have come into the house. And then he fell too. Pegah looked at the woman with Purple eyes drenched in blood and she furrowed her eyebrows as she told herself one thing over and over again. "Zomoluss moriartuss ihnree." And that was a promise. Pegah was raised differently. She never hated anyone, she never hated the Purple Wolves either.

She never blamed Astrid because of what happened to her ancestors, because deep down she knew that she could not hate someone for their ancestors' mistakes. But this day it all changed. Pegah learned and trained for eight years. She made the hunters fear her, but respect her at the same time. She became the leader of the hunters.

Well, of the ones that are left now the least. And now, back to the present, Pegah stood outside the prison cell as she watched the woman responsible for mass murder start to wake up. Soon, Astrid woke up and sat up on her uncomfortable bed. She looked around the cell and then she saw Pegah who was standing infront of her now, in the cell.

"Who are you?" She asked her and Pegah smiled at her as she gave her time to think and remember it all again. Pegah liked playing with peoples' minds after all.

"Pegah Demetre." She said and closed her eyes and Pegah smirked as she stood her ground. She promised to herself that she would not kill her. She would make her suffer for a long time.

"Welcome to your new room, Astrid. I hope you like it. See how I even painted the walls in your favorite color? Red. The color of blood. You must enjoy it, don't you?" Pegah said and Astrid took in a deep breath and went to stand on her two feet but she seemed to notice something different then. The chains on her wrists pinning her down to her bed. She looked at Pegah and raised an eyebrow.

"Is this really necessary?" She asked her and Pegah did not answer she just looked at Astrid with no emotion on her face. Astrid sighed and tried to make herself comfortable on the bed, but it was not possible. Pegah made sure that Astrid would find no comfort in the next 28 days she had to spend with her.

"Before we start I want to tell you something. I believe you deserve to know this." Pegah said and then she started opening the black bag that was in the cell as well. The bag that Astrid just noticed was there as well.

"You brother. The reason you killed so many hunters.... He is alive and back on the Royal Grounds." Pegah said and Astrid smiled wider than ever in the last eleven years as tears of joy fell down her face.

"I heard the stories going around. It is said that it took the Moon Goddess nine years to break him. Nine years. That is some strong mind he has. How do you think you will feel when I give you back to them all damaged and broken? And you will only spend 28 days with me." Pegah asked and Astrid frowned then.

"I won't break. I can't break." She said and Pegah laughed as she started preparing her knives. All in different sizes.

"Oh you will break. You are not the Phoenix nor are you a vampire to have an incredibly strong mind. Werewolves are the fourth species whose minds are the strongest, but your kind is different. The Purple Wolves are smart, I give you that, but your minds are weak and vulnerable. Always." Pegah said and then she took a big knife out of her bag.

"I am sorry for what I did to you. Pegah I really am sorry." Astrid said and then Pegah spun around as she looked at a worried and scared Astrid. Good. She should be scared.

" It's Demetre to you. And Sorry won't bring those who died by your hand back." She said and then she stopped right infront of Astrid.

"I heard the stories, you know? I never really gave a damn about them but I do now. Your ancestors are the reason as to why am I now trapped in a human body, forced to live like a human. I never hated you for that, because I knew that you can not blame the descendant for what the ancestor did. However, I do hate you now, but for a different reason. You killed thousands of innocent people over the course of eleven years. And why? To avenge your brother? The brother who is very much alive. " Pegah said and then she closed her eyes as she looked at the scared Astrid.

"I would have been able to understand if you killed those who killed your brother. Revenge and all that. I get it. I really do. What I do not understand is why did you go around and started killing the hunters who never had any connections to the war in which your brother died? Why? Do you even remember them?" Pegah asked and Astrid nodded with her head as she tried to move but her chains did not allow her to do so.

"I do. I remember all of them. I remember the Golden Hunters. I remember your parents." Astrid started saying but Pegah told her to shut up.

"I remember your brother." Astrid said.

"Shut up." Pegah said but Astrid did not listen. She should have listened.

"I remember what I did and I wish I could go back in time and fix it all, but I can't and I am soo." Astrid started talking again but this time Pegah snapped.

" I said shut up!" She yelled as she turned around and put her hand infront of her as if to use some magic and then she chuckled.

"I keep forgetting that I can not use the powers of a dragon. Lucky for me, I can still do this." She said as she walked towards Astrid and she stabbed her in her right leg. Astrid screamed out in agony as she looked at the knife in her leg and at the blood that was soaking her jeans wet now.

"I was born to protect the world from those who would destroy it and I will." Pegah said as she got up and made Astrid look her directly in her eyes. Pegah smirked as she felt Astrid tremble in fear.

"You should not take that knife out of your leg for if you do you will bleed to death and then you will never again see your precious brother. Now, you will leave that knife where it is, you will not touch it. You will not try to remove it. You will feel the pain of it being there every second of the following day. And to add to that, you will relive your memory of your brother dying over and over again until I see you again. Which brother you choose is up to you." Pegah said and then she walked out of the cell as she left the trembling and bleeding Astrid all alone.

She went up the stairs to her own office and sat down. She looked at the picture of her family and smiled sadly as she remembered how happy they were back then and then Astrid ruined it all. So, you see, you may think that Pegah is the villain in this story, but that is not the truth.

What kind of person goes around the world killing innocent people and calls is revenge? Who destroys their lives for sports? Pegah simply got tired of watching everything burn. She got tired of watching her family and friends die. Astrid, however, was different.

She was the villain all along. Villain showing herself as a hero. It was her, not Pegah. And sooner or later she will beg Pegah to kill her.

Astrid was the villain in Pegahs' story.

*I really hope someone will comment and tell me their honest opinion, but if not then.... *shruggs shoulders* Anyhow,

LIKE
COMMENT AND MAYBE
SHARE?*