Wish Upon The Waters (Chapter 6)

6 January 2018
Y/N's POV
'ANA6325, mid-flight'

The halfway point of the flight was already reaching. I have been sitting in this comfy seat for almost seven hours and thirty minutes now.

The flight has been going extremely smooth so far and it better stay like this for the next few remaining hours.

"Alright. Second duty will take over from here now." The captain said and I hummed in response.

The two other pilots sitting behind us then swapped positions with us.

Once done, I informed the whole cockpit crew that I was going to take a nap in the rest area and they gave me the approval.

I then entered the rest area and found a few flight attendants sitting around chatting with one another.

There was only one flight attendant taking a nap already at the very end of the small room. It was Momo.

My bed was located a few steps away from hers.

I then layed down on my bed and pulled out my phone and played some games to burn some time since I actually don't feel tired just yet.

As I played my game along, I couldn't help myself but to take some small glances to Momo sleeping peacefully.

Doesn't she look cute sleeping like that...

------------------

Time flew on.

I was still playing the same game for at least two hours now.

I looked over to Momo's bed and realised that she wasn't there anymore.

I wonder where did she g- "Ah!" I exclaimed out in fear.

Momo was right beside my bed, looking over my shoulder having a peak at my phone.

Momo giggled cutely. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." She said as she slightly covered her bright smile.

"Abit creepy for you to just stare at what I'm doing..." I muttered.

"Please don't mind me. It's a little habit of mine." Momo explained.

I cocked an eyebrow up. "Is that so..." I muttered. I then decided to strike up a better conversation since it was getting a little bit weird. "So.. first time going to Rome?" I asked.

Momo shook her head with two different pitches of a hum. "I've been to Rome once when I was little. It sure was a beautiful city..." Momo said.

I sat up from my bed and placed my feet on the floor. I patted a free space on my bed, signalling Momo to sit beside me.

She did as what I've signalled her and we started to chat about her trip to Rome before as I was interested about that famous city.

"...There is this fountain too. People usually threw coins in there to wish for something." Momo continued on.

"Wow. A fountain that you can wish for stuff?" I cocked my eyebrow.

Momo nodded with a hun of approval. "I toss a coin in and wished for this job. Look where I am now." Momo cheekily smiled.

"That's just.. wow... Even though I don't believe in these kind of things, I guess I'll have a shot at it." I said.

"Yay!" Momo cheered out and clapped her hands in excitement. "I was thinking about visiting the fountain again! Let's go together!"

"Sure then..."

7 January 2018
Y/N's POV
'Rome, Italy'

Me and Momo walked down the busy little streets of Rome.

It was definitely one beautiful country filled with lots of vintage artifacts everywhere.

Yeah sure... It does feel weird being Asian in a crowd of Europeans.

Momo was currently leading the way for me as she apparently claims that she remembers the way towards the fountain.

After about ten minutes worth of walking and squeezing past people from our crew's hotel, I then spotted a really nice looking fountain with many people throwing coins into its waters.

"Here we are, Y/N. The Trevi Fountain..." Momo said as she pointed out the fountain.

"Wah... Looks.. gorgeous..." I said as I admired its vintage look.

"Mhm..." Momo hummed. "Go on then. Wish for something and toss a coin into the water." Momo said as she nudged me.

"Okay then..." I said and fished out my wallet from my pockets. I then opened a compartment in my wallet and pulled out a coin from it.

"Now do it like how I do it." Momo said and turned herself around, making her back face the fountain.

She then used her own coin and used her right hand to toss it over her left shoulder.

Her coin went flying and it fell right into the waters.

"I've wished for mine. Now do exactly like how I just did it. Otherwise, your wish won't come true." Momo said.

I complied and made my back face the fountain. I threw my coin over my left shoulder using my right hand.

Momo then clapped and cheer as she watched my coin fall into the waters.

"Now... Let's say what did we wish for together in one go." Momo said as she cheekily smiled at me.

"Okay then... 3.. 2.. 1..." I counted down.

"Love." We both said at the same time.

Momo eyes widen and she covered her mouth with her hand. I couldn't help myself but to giggle at her little cuteness.

"Looks like.. we're both desperate for someone." I chuckled.

Momo blushed furiously but still chuckled together with me lightly. "We think a-alike then..." She muttered.

I chuckled heartily. "Does this make you my girlfriend now?" I cheekily asked, not expecting a serious answer.

I watched Momo's cheeks go even more redder than before. She looks real adorable now. I could tell she really wanted to say something but she held herself from asking.

"Relax. I'm not being serious." I giggled. "Come on, let's go now... I'm hungry." I said.

"Oh yes! F-food..." Momo stuttered.

7 January 2018
Mina's POV
'Narita Airport'

No flights.

No deployments.

Nothing to do.

I'm bored.

I sat on the cold floor and stared out if the big glass pane, giving me a nice view of all the aircrafts coming in and out of Narita.

I decided to get up from the floor and walk over towards a food joint as I was feeling hungry for some food.

As I walked down the air-conditioned hallways, I couldn't help myself but to think of that co-pilot of my first flight.

Yes... Y/N... That's his name...

Why do I feel so jealous that he hugged that girl a few days ago?

I don't have a crush on him, do I?

I mentally groaned to myself and keep repeating to myself. 'Don't think about him. He has a girlfriend.'

I then passed by a fountain that was recently built for aesthetics in the airport.

I looked down in the waters and saw a few dozens of coins lying at the bottom of its shallow blue waters.

I.. do believe in wishes and miracles... Lots of coins are there so... Ahhh.. fuck it. I'm just gonna do it then.

I then dug out a little coin from my pockets and flicked the coin off my hand.

I watched the coin fly off and fall into the waters with a little splash sound.

I then mentally wished for the thing I want.

Love.